Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last night around 7 PM to give gulp baits a shot, I have been looking for a solution to the small fish tearing up my worms and I was told to try Gulp.

They worked great!!!! Gulp: 4 Real Worms: 1, I had my limit in less than 2 hours!

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
what color gulp....pumkinseed?

wcalcaterra said:
Went out last night around 7 PM to give gulp baits a shot, I have been looking for a solution to the small fish tearing up my worms and I was told to try Gulp.

They worked great!!!! Gulp: 4 Real Worms: 1, I had my limit in less than 2 hours!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
explodingvarmints said:
Nice job on the wallzeye's! Where abouts in the lake were ya fishing?
There was a group around Firecracker point so I started there, but after about 20mins of having other poeple get in my way (there was a guy doing circules in the middle of the channel I had to pick up and go around him twice, plus I had a guy who kept trolling up current right at me). So I said F-it!! Plus I did not see anyone getting their nets out. I took the shipping Channel south until I was a little past straight out from the Crocker launch. I am not sure what buoy I was by, I think it was the weather buoy. In about an hour I had 6, took a half hour to figure out I needed to get away from everyone.

I used the Gulp 7" Punpkinseed Crawler and I ripped off the first inch or two of the worm.

HEY SLICK, thanks for the recommendation on the GULP!!!! I couldnt find the 4" Turtle Back, but the 7" Pumpkinseed Crawler did Awsome!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
What size bottom bouncers do you guys run out by the channel? I was using 1 oz. last Sunday, but we did not catch any Walleye. I did not see to many caught down by the dumping grounds.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
SteelEd said:
What size bottom bouncers do you guys run out by the channel? I was using 1 oz. last Sunday, but we did not catch any Walleye. I did not see to many caught down by the dumping grounds.

Thanks,

As far as LSC, 1 oz. of lead for every 10 FOW.:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SteelEd said:

Thanks,
I use 1, 1.5, and 2

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Gone Fishing said:
Geez, I'm getting out numbered in here! At least Fisheater is still a loyal follower. :p

I'd follow you anywhere John. Your one of the (if not thee finest) finest fisherman I've ever met personnally.:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll be out tomorrow (Sunday) morning near the ditch monitoring 68. Let me know how you guys do today if you get out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts