Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riverlady and myself went out this morning to get a little practice for an upcoming tournament, went out lake fishing to give the jigging a rest. Had to work with the dirty water and debris from the other days rain but we ended up with 10 decent eaters.

R.L. Knocked a couple off with the net so we could stay out longer and sun bathe:D It was a beautiful morning!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hotwired said:
You didn't have to knock a couple off.
You're allowed 6 each in the lake.
Now you tell US!!!:yikes:

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
Were you fishing in our neck of the woods?
Err, our crest of the waves I mean?
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nice job on the fish ladies! I ended up getting done early today and we got on the water at about 3. Had a two man (person:D ) limit by 5. All came in front of the 400 in about 11-12'. Just outside of the mud line, color did not seem to matter. Winds picked up just as we got our last one. Made a few passes in front of Gino's to let traffic die down and picked up one throw back. 1/2 ounce bouncers and I gave up on the gulp early again:mad: . I wish I could catch some fish on the stuff since I stocked up. Should be a good weekend. I am glad I had a chance to get out today, it will be crazy at the launch tomorrow. Two days of fishing during the week means I am home for a while:lol: . Hope the bite last at least a couple weeks this year. BTW..all good eaters, no big fish.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
awesome post ladies way to go, thats great, I am looking forward to the tournament it should be a blast.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Way to go girls!! Those walleyes are really starting up good on the harnesses!!

Hey slick....we gave those Fishlander blades a workout friday morning...9-11am...landed approx. 20 walleye....couple doubleheaders!! I give them a thumbs up!;)

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Hotwired said:
You didn't have to knock a couple off.
You're allowed 6 each in the lake.

Yeah well, it still takes longer to get two fish then it does one. She didn't have a clue with the first one, but the second one was kind of obvious.:evil:
What can I say. I love the sunshine and the fish were bitting. She finally drew the line when the hubby called wanting his wife back to enjoy their anniversary together:yikes: What a guy!! Hope you two had a great day together.

Had a great time. But I have to add. Thursday night 1wildchild got the biggest Wallygator. I got some nice fillets off that one and the cheeks were to die for. Wish you could have made it friday and I haven't forgotten that I owe you a filleting lesson. :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Good job ladies..see you at the tourney and see what you can do then. :dizzy: have to practice??? I think not..you just wanted a walleye dinner..:lol: ..have fun and see you later....:evilsmile

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
RIVER LADY said:
Yeah well, it still takes longer to get two fish then it does one. She didn't have a clue with the first one, but the second one was kind of obvious.:evil:
What can I say. I love the sunshine and the fish were bitting. She finally drew the line when the hubby called wanting his wife back to enjoy their anniversary together:yikes: What a guy!! Hope you two had a great day together.

Had a great time. But I have to add. Thursday night 1wildchild got the biggest Wallygator. I got some nice fillets off that one and the cheeks were to die for. Wish you could have made it friday and I haven't forgotten that I owe you a filleting lesson. :D

You know work does get in the way on occasion! Hope to get out with you guys next time. Ken at KD picked out a new jigging rod for me, I can't wait to give it a try!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, we need to give that jigging a try, especially if you have a new rod!! I went jigging this morning and got my 6 walleye. It is an addiction, I know I could've gone out to the lake with harnesses and got 6 with minimal effort, but... I love that jigging!!
Something about that tug on the end of my line that LIGHTS my FIRE :evil:

we will get out again soon,

K

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
ERnurse said:
yeah, we need to give that jigging a try, especially if you have a new rod!! I went jigging this morning and got my 6 walleye. It is an addiction, I know I could've gone out to the lake with harnesses and got 6 with minimal effort, but... I love that jigging!!
Something about that tug on the end of my line that LIGHTS my FIRE :evil:

we will get out again soon,

K
Kathleen did you get wet this morning? I was going to go until I look at radar and said no thank you:lol: Cya Slick

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RIVER LADY said:
She finally drew the line when the hubby called wanting his wife back to enjoy their anniversary together:yikes: What a guy!! Hope you two had a great day together.
yeah he is a great guy, and we had a very nice day, thank You :)

Slick, I got my last fish just as it started to sprinkle, Lucky :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts