Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LSC Sat.-Sunday report

1194 15
Got to test out the new toys this weekend. I don't know how I ever fished without that gps/sonar. I always bought the $80 gander mt. crapolla..... what a HUGE difference. I'm lucky that Fisheater knows what the heck to do with all of these electronics, cuz I was a little lost:) . Saturday night we limited out by the Firecracker. New boats first trip and a limit sure helps justify the cost..... for a little while. Sunday morning we fished with approx. 150 of our closest friends in the same area as the night before (not another boat out there Sat. night.) We ended up with 9 or 10 walters for the morning. Nice to see Mike The Elder and his son out there... It's been a while. I finally got to see what this "in Cahoots" boat was all about..... I think they know how to fish:lol: (at least after 10:00 a.m.) :lol: . Hope I didn't get you in trouble with the Mrs. by asking If you had that phone number John. I knew it was a long-shot anyway. The canal ride back to the launching area was one of the more memorable rides in a long time:corkysm55 :corkysm55 . I don't care if we're going to fish the detroit river, I WILL launch at this same place and motor down. LOTS of talent.:SHOCKED:
All in all, the new ride worked out pretty well. I enjoyed being out there and fishing with some familiar faces, and b.s.'n on the radio with ya'll. 5 more hours of break in and the 150 can finally be opened up... can't wait:evilsmile .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
sounds like things are working SUPER for ya!:D glad to hear it!..we'll expect lots of continuous reports and a few fillets!:lol: //p.s. those long runs(i did opposite last year, from river to the lake) get costly!....p.p.s talent? sheesh, must b nice to be young and 'have a chance'..at my age any 'talent' just throw bedpans and colostomy bags to me!:yikes: :sad:
What kinda new scHTuFF did ya get EV???

R
good job

it only gets better for you
That’s a nice ride you got there!
explodingvarmints said:
Hope I didn't get you in trouble with the Mrs. by asking if you had that phone number John.
Naw, although she did ask why you thought that I would have that girls phone number though. :lol:
We ended up doing decent for starting to fish at 11 o’clock. The highlight was a decent Muskie that Jr tangled with on a light action rod with 10 lb test. I think next time I’m going to get out early and then go back in to get the wife. She mainly just likes getting out and doesn’t care too much if she catches any fish. Good job on the fish! :)
lowe 185fs with a 150 opti.
some sort of lms334c graph/gps (dang cool)
ship to shore (never had one...nice!)
minn kota 70lb. bow mount
minn kota 3 bank on board charger
Berts custom rod holders and tracks
Bimini
sfw1960 said:
What kinda new scHTuFF did ya get EV???

R
VERY NICE!! Can I have it??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

:evilsmile

P.S. I have an LMS332c and you'll REALLY like it the more you learn about it.
;)
explodingvarmints said:
lowe 185fs with a 150 opti.
some sort of lms334c graph/gps (dang cool)
ship to shore (never had one...nice!)
minn kota 70lb. bow mount
minn kota 3 bank on board charger
Berts custom rod holders and tracks
Bimini
Any pic's of the new ride???? or fish LOL...Cya Slick
You gotta love getting a new boat, I just got one myself and I can't wait to get another one!

Congratz on the fish!

I have spent a lot of time out there in the last 3 weeks and I have only been disappointed 1 time (meaning no Walleyes), however I did hooka nice musky and lose my favorite crawler harness to it!

Gotta be getting crowded out there on the weekends, that why I hit is for a couple of hours during the weekday evenings!
Is what you refer to the firecracker as the st. clair light?Just wondering. Just got a nw boat myself. Was out yesterday morning and picked up 4 waleye.Congrats!
Wondering if you guys are running from 9 mile crocker or from the river? Thanks!
The firecracker is a large red and white marker at the entrance to the St Clair cutoff (north end of lake)
jiggineyes said:
Is what you refer to the firecracker as the st. clair light?Just wondering. Just got a nw boat myself. Was out yesterday morning and picked up 4 waleye.Congrats!
Great way to break in your new boat!! Glad to hear you did well....Looks like with Fisheater aboard you'll have no problem filling that freezer!!;)
Why don't you ask him how many fish he lost Sunday morning:evil: :lol:

I think I may have landed a master angler award sheephead;) .... God that thing was HUGE. What a fight. Come to think of it, I think Scott said something about giving up walleye for the year and switching over to perch.... :evilsmile :lol:
Houghton laker said:
Great way to break in your new boat!! Glad to hear you did well....Looks like with Fisheater aboard you'll have no problem filling that freezer!!;)
Yhaoooo, I beat Gone fishing out!!! OOOPs never mind I got out at noon. But i was done at 2 pm. :evil: .. south end of the lake not a boat in site. Best part ,most came on Flatfish. Blue/silver moving fast with 3 oz of lead on the drop.
I launch from Crocker, its an 8.5 mile run, about 20 -25 mins. Gong to be amking the run tommorow after work.
jiggineyes said:
Wondering if you guys are running from 9 mile crocker or from the river? Thanks!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.