Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying LSC tonight about 6:00 for first time, coming from Waterford. I've read alot of the walleye posts, but where should a first timer launch/start tonight?

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
luv2havemoartime said:
Trying LSC tonight about 6:00 for first time, coming from Waterford. I've read alot of the walleye posts, but where should a first timer launch/start tonight?
Hi luv2...
The walleye fishing has been pretty tremendous off of Metro Beach and farther to the south. You will see TONS of boats fishing out there!!!! Watch for the nets dipping :D Lots of weeds so your best bet is with harnesses and inline sinkers rather than BB.s or three ways....

I would suggest you either launch at the DNR launch on Jefferson just south of Crocker Road or launch at Metropolitan Beach Metro Park and shoot around the point. The DNR launch does tend to fill up to capacity on the weekends.....
Take M-59 east to I-94 West. Exit at Eastbound Metropolitan Parkway (16 mile road) Take that to Crocker Road. Hang a right.
Take Crocker to Jefferson and hang a right.....DNR launch is just up the road on your left. If that is full, jump back on Jefferson (left out of the launch site) and take Jefferson for a couple of winding miles to Metropolitan parkway....the park entrance will be on your right.... Good luck and have fun!!!!
Laura

1 - 3 of 3 Posts