Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some of my daughters friends out and went out for some perch on the American side this morning, ended up with 30 decent fish(caught more) between 8 and 10 off the shipping channel NNE of buoy 28. Minnows on perch rigs and slips worked but had to make it a short day when one of the crew got sick. She was having a greast time and caught some good fish until feeling a bit green. We headed back and all was better with some wind and the docking.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sounds like some good-paced action for the couple of hours you and the crew got in. Glad to hear all was better for the crew in the end. Thank you for the report.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also been een looking and morning seems to be better, at least from the forcast prior to 12 noon.

·
Registered
967 Posts
also been een looking and morning seems to be better, at least from the forcast prior to 12 noon.
That's what I like to hear. I haven't had my old man on LSC in ten years and this used to be an annual Father's Day tradition on our 25 Carver with 3 generations when I was a young gun. This year it will be the maiden fishing voyage for my older Sister's 24 Searay Weekender. Thanks again, I'll let you guys know if the weather lets us get out and how it goes.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
I'm taking my dad out fishing also today for fathers day. I was out in the same area and couldn't keep the fish off my pole. I ran out of bait so I called it a day. Not sure how many I caught cause I was letting them all go yesterday. I caught some really nice white bass doubles which where pretty fun. Get a hit start reeling up and then wam you get hit on the other hook on the way up.:lol:

See you guys out there.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
We were out Saturday morning ourselves, and had a great day on perch. Started at 6:30 am, and after a couple of moves, we hit 'em big time in 4' of water. From 7:30 to 9am, non-stop singles and doubles and a 3 Man limit of mostly 8"-10" with a few jumbos thrown in as well.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
I'm taking my dad out fishing also today for fathers day. I was out in the same area and couldn't keep the fish off my pole. I ran out of bait so I called it a day. Not sure how many I caught cause I was letting them all go yesterday. I caught some really nice white bass doubles which where pretty fun. Get a hit start reeling up and then wam you get hit on the other hook on the way up.:lol:

See you guys out there.
We ran out of bait in about 3 hours.:lol: We had a good time caught a few keeper perch , plenty of throw backers for us. We also had a blast catching double lift bass in 20 FOW. Then we head back in before the storms hit us. Great day with my dad. I will right up a full report when I am feeling a little bit better. I am sicker then a dog right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts