Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to where to find lsc gills or crappies. Will be fishing early next week. Any one ever do well in the marinas off the North channel? Maybe make it a combo trip after I prove to myself that I'm not much of a jig fisherman...

thanks

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Check your PM's. Another option would be in front of 11-13 Mile in 4 -8 FOW for gills. Garden worms under a slip with your favorite ice jigs worked well for me in the past. Drift slowly til you find them then drop anchor. Might still be a little early.

Good luck,
Harry

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
In another 2 or 3 weeks they will be stacking up on the west shore in the shallows...Water is still pretty cold yet.

We've done real well of SANG up to the salt river...The area off metro (S of the beach) will be real productive too.

·
Banned
312 Posts
local canals are producing nice gills around ginos surfs:)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
FYI fished Anchor Bay from the North Channel South down to Palms Rds DNR Ramp without sdo much as a nibble. None of the weeds are growing yet and the water is crystal clear. Lots of Ducks and Swans out there

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have a simlar question but for crappies, where on the lake do you find them? I pick up a few through the ice at the raft, but have never had much luck open water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts