Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from the Flnt area want's to team up and go to Crocker or LSC for the morning or evening bite? Give me a PM. I'm going to give Gino's another go on a week-day.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I plan on heading out sometime this week. I am thinking I might do a morning trip on Wed. I might be on foot, I am not sure yet. I plan on being set-up and fishing by 7:00a.m at the latest. I will probably have to get my minnows the day before because I don't think the baitshops open until 6:30 during the week. Let me know if you want to meet up or give me a shout on the radio if you go out.

·
Administrator
27,094 Posts
Slowpoke, I might try it Firday evening. Wife's got to work till 10pm anyway. If the wind dies I'm there.

Won't have time till then.(friday)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I looking at Wed/Thurs or Friday afternoon right now.
Don't think I'm going out until I get my shanty pull bar from UPS.
The PVC pipe and rope set up I had on Sunday gave me fits.
Waiting on the diagnosis of my truck also, the wife about freaked when she saw I pulled the two rows of seats out of the minivan and loaded the 3 wheeler and fish trap inside. No, I am not out of my "cotton picking mind"......I'm going fishing.

-LB :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
lol... i had to take the middle seat out of my van once to put a shanty in , my better half asked me"what do you think your doin?" i told her i was goin ice fishin, she said "how long ya gonna be gone??" i says , all day... she took the seat out for me...:D i will be headin out this week a couple times, not sure when or where yet, cant get out in the mornins too early so will prolly be more like noon till dark... prolly tuesday, thursday and friday.... let me know whos goin where ... thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I'll be out there Wednesday morning. Early for the dawn bite, I hope.

Not sure of the exact location yet. Gino's or Crocker Road, just haven't made up my mind.

I'll watch the reports.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
man...I wish I could get out during the week...the crowd on the weekend is CRAZY... Danged WORK anyways...Oh well...gotta do what ya gotta do...Maybe try it this weekend if I get the time...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think I am going to head out Wed. a.m if this wind dies down. Can't decide between Fairhaven and Crocker. Any big pressure cracks at Crocker since these winds have been kicking. Don't want to head out in the dark and find one. The launch area was getting pretty bad over the weekend also. Have not fished Fairhaven yet this year so I will be winging it if I go there.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
No new pressure cracks at Crocker but the launch is sloppy. The walkers have a bath you can get out on. Our trailer got caught going through the slop and my dad had to drive the truck out to get the trailer unstuck. We just parked on the ice then. Lot's of vehicles (cars) on the ice which is too much for me.

I'll post my fishing report later in another thread.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like the wind is letting up and I am going to Crocker this afternoon, Ch 7, give me a call if anyone else is out there. I'll be walking so I will try a few different spots, not to many because I can't walk as far as I use to. I need all the help that I can get. Mike, I will be going up to Harrision Fri. so I can't go Fri. If the wind is 20 or more I don't won't to go to any big lakes anyways. Are you still going to the outing on Sag. river? Also FREE WEEK-END FISHING THIS WEEK-END--- EVERYBODY!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts