Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
theres supposed to be a system bringing widespread heavy rain on friday so I doubt the there will be any fishable ice left by then on Lake St Clair.All good things must come to end hard water season is over.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i was out at SANG today...the ice is still a solid 10"

if we get a heavy rain on Friday when its 60 degrees then it will be a gamble...if that

·
Registered
505 Posts
Count on staying home and putting your ice gear away! Fair Haven today was still good on clear ice...but I augered a hole on one spot of white ice and only had 6 inches. The DNR ramp at Fair Haven is broken up...gotta go thru the mud on the side or thru 6 inches of water at the ramp to get onto the ice and the water is pretty cloudy. New Baltimore at Main street....the walk on ramp was fine...had 10 inches of soft ice near shore, but if ya go out to where the property on the south side starts the ice is only 6 inches thick. Water is clear but no fish. Tomorrow nights rain and the gale force winds in the next couple days are gonna doom us...theres lots of soft spots even at Fair Haven and the top is all soft. Tomorrow afternoon will probably be the end of it unless you can get into a marina or canal that doesnt have a storm drain running into it.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts