Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to LSC after dealing with boat problems the past couple weeks. Started fishing at 9am and had my solo limit by 10:30am in 18fow off Grosse. Ended up boating 10 walleyes before noon and lost what i think was a Musky on a husky back 33ft. HJ12s & 14s in perch and chrome variations were by far the best. Best speed was 1.0-1.2mph. Get out and enjoy this great fishery while it lasts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great job on that limit catch, and thanks for the report for the rest of us. I sure wish I didn't put my boat to bed for the winter!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Made it out to LSC after dealing with boat problems the past couple weeks. Started fishing at 9am and had my solo limit by 10:30am in 18fow off Grosse. Ended up boating 10 walleyes before noon and lost what i think was a Musky on a husky back 33ft. HJ12s & 14s in perch and chrome variations were by far the best. Best speed was 1.0-1.2mph. Get out and enjoy this great fishery while it lasts.
What boat launches are open?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
There are only two. Blossom Heath and Harley. Harley has no docks. Blossom is closed this weekend for their Winter festival. If it freezes solid over the weekend while no one is using it, then we might be out of luck.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Is Sulfridge open the boat launch any body know?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
There are only two. Blossom Heath and Harley. Harley has no docks. Blossom is closed this weekend for their Winter festival. If it freezes solid over the weekend while no one is using it, then we might be out of luck.
I think everyone launching out of Harley and running down to the south end to fish probably should take some time on their way to stop at the docks at Blossom if there's any hint of ice forming. You can't trailer to the ramp, but you can still bust up any ice in the water.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Is metro beach boat launch open?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I think everyone launching out of Harley and running down to the south end to fish probably should take some time on their way to stop at the docks at Blossom if there's any hint of ice forming. You can't trailer to the ramp, but you can still bust up any ice in the water.
You ever launch from there? It's really not a user friendly launch/access to the lake...just to stop over and see. ;)...

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
You ever launch from there? It's really not a user friendly launch/access to the lake...just to stop over and see. ;)...
No I have not, but a lot of boats would be coming into that launch area this weekend if it was open, so it can't be that bad. If it's too much of a hassle, then let it freeze up.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
No I have not, but a lot of boats would be coming into that launch area this weekend if it was open, so it can't be that bad. If it's too much of a hassle, then let it freeze up.
It's a pretty good slow troll once you hit that area. Big and wide from the lake coming in. But once you get past that area it's tight. Real tight to the launch. If the lake side even thinks about freezing that's all she wrote. Been several years since I've used it. Can't imagine much changing since then.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It’s not that handy. About a 5 min ride each way from the lake to the ramp and back. They did install a bubbler, so maybe that keeps it open.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I got reports from a buddy of mine last week that they were just absolutely slaying the fish in the south end of the lake. They were catching fish over 10 lbs, plus they caught a few bonus muskies. sounds like they did a bunch of catch and release for hours. This kid can fish.
IMG_20210105_183017.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
So, they have the gates at Blossom Heath closed, I gather? My 6hp would take over an hour to run from anywhere else, and the big motors are still down. What about Crocker, and might there be action near there?

Maybe Lake Erie (Sterling State Park) if I fish today, though I know little about it and haven't caught anything there in a couple trips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts