Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been checking out sonar since last winter and have read thru a myriad of threads here in the archives. I have decided to go with a Lowrance unit. Now this is my question, which Lowrance unit do I buy? Do I get the x67 or do I pony up and spend the extra for the M86c, does the higher price really worth it for the extra features you get? I am not opposed to spending the extra, I just want to know what you guys think between the two and why.

Oh, where can I find the best deals on either of these units? I know its not quite season yet and there may be sales closer to season, I am just looking ahead and want everything set before we get ice.

Thanx in advance.

PS. I appreciate that others use different machines, but this is what I want to get, so please do not turn this into buy this instead, or this is better.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
cabelas had the 68 for almost the price as the 67 last year. If you have a boat the 68 could be more usefull. But if it is jus for ice fishing I would go with the 67. Pretty sure the gps is just basemaps anyways it can;t be upgraded or room for a chip.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,449 Posts
:yeahthat:

WuT Southend sED....
:D

I'd personally get the M68 B/C I'd plug in WP's from my other GPS units and use it to get right on the "spot on a spot" without having to drill a bunch of 'guess where'
holes first.
:lol:

If you know all your spots & never have trouble finding them thru the ice , the '67's fine for ya.

RAS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts