Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any of the older Lowrance Fish Finders that have the flasher mode? Looking for something that I can use in the summer and winter. Some older affordable model I can pick up on ebay or something. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
388 Posts
You don't need flasher mode to use it out on the ice. Most people use them in chart mode.
I concur, I'd say it's more important that it has a mode that can give true sonar returns. My dad has a 15 year old Lowrance on his boat that can only show little pictures of fish, whether it's a fish, or a clump of weeds. Any model like that would be useless.

I'd reccomend doing what I did when shopping for an "ebay" fishfinder: Check out the manufacturer's website, and just start downloading PDF manuals for the finders you think might be in your price range. They keep manuals back several years. Most have numerous screen shots and instructions on all the modes. You may have to look at several PDFs but I guarantee you'll find some that have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You don't need flasher mode to use it out on the ice. Most people use them in chart mode.
this. I have NEVER used the flasher mode on my x67c. split screen chart mode with left side on 4x zoom for me. works great.

J-

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used my x67c in flasher mode 1 time for a few minutes but really see no need to use anything except the chart or split screen modes now that I know how to work it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Lowrance has a page on their website that is all emulators. This will give you an idea of how the units work. I would check there if you have an idea of what u are looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
662 Posts
FYI I tried the one off my boat and couldn't make it work to see my Jig. Come to find out I didn't know how to set it up properly. IH77 has videos on how to do it properly and I believe you can make any unit work for the ice if set up correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts