Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just bought this(my first ice sonar) and used it for a couple weeks now. I really like it except one weird thing. Every now and again it stops working and flashes inaccurate depths. But seems to like the depth of 60' and will just stay at 60' in every setting and even after powering off/on will show 60' for a few seconds to a minute and then work fine for hours. I've reset to factory settings and it still has done it. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Mine does it periodically, only lasts a few seconds and back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Mine does it periodically, only lasts a few seconds and back to normal.

Sorry, mine is not a chirp though, or even hdi.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,
Just bought this(my first ice sonar) and used it for a couple weeks now. I really like it except one weird thing. Every now and again it stops working and flashes inaccurate depths. But seems to like the depth of 60' and will just stay at 60' in every setting and even after powering off/on will show 60' for a few seconds to a minute and then work fine for hours. I've reset to factory settings and it still has done it. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Mine does the same thing, the only thing I have seem to find that works is patience. Just make sure your transducer is below the ice so it is sitting straight. I have tried to do the same as you to make it stop, but the only thing I have found is waiting a little bit for it to pick up the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts