Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished all of the usual places - in front of Erie Metro, both sides of Celeron Island, Calf Island, and north of Calf. Tried everything, even using "joe dirt's" purple harness rig along the weeds and deeper. All I caught were a bunch of goby's some sheep head and a few small mouth bass. The east side of Gross Isle. had went dead by the time I checked it out; one fishermen said a boat using small silver spinner blades and dragging the bottom without b.b's did real good on walleyes.
I had one last idea and headed out to some water south of Gross Isle; I had not fished this area in a while. After picking up a 21 inch walleye, and then a 19 inch eye in the same area, the wind picked up and made boat control impossible; I also picked up 1/2 dozen perch. I was using a orange/ chartreuse spinner blade with my b.b.'s.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fished all of the usual places - in front of Erie Metro, both sides of Celeron Island, Calf Island, and north of Calf. Tried everything, even using "joe dirt's" purple harness rig along the weeds and deeper. All I caught were a bunch of goby's some sheep head and a few small mouth bass. The east side of Gross Isle. had went dead by the time I checked it out; one fishermen said a boat using small silver spinner blades and dragging the bottom without b.b's did real good on walleyes.
I had one last idea and headed out to some water south of Gross Isle; I had not fished this area in a while. After picking up a 21 inch walleye, and then a 19 inch eye in the same area, the wind picked up and made boat control impossible; I also picked up 1/2 dozen perch. I was using a orange/ chartreuse spinner blade with my b.b.'s.
Try some of the further North spots. Pull spinners along Point Hennepin and the surrounding areas too.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
All our fish the past two weeks have came along weeds with deep water within 50 yds. Find rocks and humps it's been almost a guarantee every drift.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All our fish the past two weeks have came along weeds with deep water within 50 yds. Find rocks and humps it's been almost a guarantee every drift.
If I can get down there again, I will try it. Wife comes home from rehab Tues. from having a total hip replacement. Plus she has some other problems. So my recreation activities are going to be limited for a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts