Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone made it out there yet? How's the ice and fishing? Also I heard they blocked off the north access last year and I also heard it's open again this year. PM'S always welcome

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Wasn't the north end accessed off of Milford Rd. by 5 Star Plumbing and over the tracks? Then to the left of the homes in the subdivision along the lakeshore??

That is State land. There used to be, years ago, a DNR home on that piece. Steep decent to the ice, but that end REALLY used to produce in the 90's and early 2000's.:D;)

Big gills and HUGE crappie.:fish:

How can they block it off, unless, once again, people were being idiots, slobs, drunk, etc......and upset the residents enough they complained?

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is a good 8in getting some decent gills and a few crappie. Been there 3times got limit every time. Access edfrom southend fished mid lake just north of island 16 row. Good luck

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I fished there a lot in the past, but haven't made it much the past couple years.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes, north access is still blocked off. I went out there yesterday to check. Didn't see anyone fishing the north end.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a hike now, but the north end has always been fun. Worst case I catch a bunch of small pike on my crappie rod. Lol.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Are there any spots to worry about poor ice besides the creek that flows in and out of the lake? Would like to take the machines out there and give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Are there any spots to worry about poor ice besides the creek that flows in and out of the lake? Would like to take the machines out there and give it a try.
I was out there yesterday and walked around the southern half pretty thoroughly.
7-9" everywhere except the channel at the south,which is open as usual.
I wouldn't worry anything north of the launch.

I did see people fishing the north end but I didn't venture past the island.

Aaaaaaaannd this is from 2015 lol.
I been gone a minute and rusty :/

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I was out there yesterday and walked around the southern half pretty thoroughly.
7-9" everywhere except the channel at the south,which is open as usual.
I wouldn't worry anything north of the launch.

I did see people fishing the north end but I didn't venture past the island.

Aaaaaaaannd this is from 2015 lol.
I been gone a minute and rusty :/
That's funny I was actually out there yesterday as well. Didn't even mark anything

·
collector
4,437 Posts
That's funny I was actually out there yesterday as well. Didn't even mark anything
The name of the game is drill ,drill, drill, drill.... They get bump around by the big fish.... They are there... If you mark them... Fish them.... Then drill, drill ,drill... Fishem, drill drill,drill... Fishem...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts