Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I've been wanted to try this for a while. Let's see if this works. I've noticed many names for many spots on the lower Big M. Some are very obvious while others are lesser know. It would be nice to share a common language for the spots. Add your names if you are willing.

The end result would be a map similar to what we've had on here in the past for Saginaw bay or LSC.

·
Administrator
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have a couple of questions. Is there really a cemetary a cemetary run? What's the story of "Old Indian Campsite"? Any history behind that? Can anyone launch at Matson's, Coho Bend? What's the deal with the old launch near Chief Creek?

·
Administrator
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have added, clarified some points. Hopefully we will get some more contributions. I hope to take this map as input and use photoshop to add some art to it and make it available as a wall hanging.

·
Administrator
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of names to fill in. Bobber hole, Rock pile,Tunk hole, Tressel hole,dinner bell, Devils elbow,mile run,pine creek hole,Jacobs hole,are just a few. I've forgotten most over the years since I don't fish much anymore. Not able to load by using this kindel.
I would love to get those added. Could you add them when you have access to a computer? I remember seeing the map on the wall at the Vagabond but I don't know of any source of a map now which has them.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Lots of names to fill in. Bobber hole, Rock pile,Tunk hole, Tressel hole,dinner bell, Devils elbow,mile run,pine creek hole,Jacobs hole,are just a few. I've forgotten most over the years since I don't fish much anymore. Not able to load by using this kindel.
Three sisters, meat hole, Bobby’s run, school bus, beaver slot, red pine ridge, $2 dollar hole. The history of the big M is legendary.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I already have a couple of questions. Is there really a cemetary a cemetary run? What's the story of "Old Indian Campsite"? Any history behind that? Can anyone launch at Matson's, Coho Bend? What's the deal with the old launch near Chief Creek?
I added 'Cemetery Run' to the map, yes, there is a cemetery that can't be seen from the river and the entire run is a premium piece of water for the flyfishermen.
Yes, there is an old Indian Campsite on whats known as 'Potters' Landing' that used to be open to the public, I can mark it if you like, its just below the 'Cemetery Run' I marked.
Cool Map, I wanted to do similar but everybody has their own names and it got confusing.
I can actually see my boat tucked away.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts