Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 35 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Borderview lodge is correct Carpy, I was more than a few in last night and had forgotten the name.

only a soggy so far, we are the furthest sleeper out in the group, hoping today is better

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
EB92DD87-C6B3-42F0-82D8-1DA7613C3F6D.jpeg
Good luck! Are you fishing outside of the sleeper?

Sent from my moto g power using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
We did today for a bit, but -5 actual, and -20 windchill made it a futile attempt. Went back in and waited for the evening bite, which was fun from 4-5:30, no slot fish, but we kept eaters!

prime rib and cheesy taters was the meal, but we ate while we fished.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Note:
The rib was a bit overdone, this “oven” held a constant temperature like an alcoholic the morning after lighting a cigarette.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
929A3580-A73B-4193-AB72-2BCFE50BB51C.jpeg
Wheel finally spun last night, tomorrow’s snack.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks like a great time. The boy and I are talking about going next year. Just curious what’s the lure of choice catching fish. Just seen a video on a guys go to lures that’s worked the best for him. Mentioned stop sign lures in pink and white with gold back. And eye ball lures. Also lindy flyers in blood red with a glow red back. Curious if any of those your using?

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Holy shat!
System is back online finally.
Been Supa Dupa slow today, horrible fashin, they come and look at your bait them nothin.
Only landed 20 today, kept 1, yup one sauger.
Need to work hard in the am to reach our take home limit, Hail Mary for sure, we’ll see.
Threw every lure in the trays at em, no clear winner.
glow shots, perch talkers, a few rippin raps and small jigs caught fish this week, but by far, bar none, the dead stick with a simple Gamakatsu size 4 octopus glow hook with a split shot above it caught damn near all our keepers, and throw backs.
Wednesday’s slot fish attached
I’m sure the clear sky’s and -28 actual temps played a big part in the fishing, but that’s the chance taken when you scheduled a trip weeks out.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We fished a 1/2 day and drove back to Ironwood, slow morning, only caught 8 feesh, and kept 2 Saugers.
Didnt kill it by any means, total fish landed was 118 +\~ a fish cuz we was drinkin from time to time. The temps and blue bird skies might have put the fish off for us, no great reports were heard of from the guys in the other sleepers we talked to. Looking forward to our next trip to LOTW, probably a different outfitter to experience a different part of the lake.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
My great grandpa started Cyrus Resort on Bostic Creek I think back in the 30’s. It’s still there alive and well not family owned anymore but a lot of old school pics of family on the walls. Still have a lot of family up there and we try to do a spring trip every year. We usually limit out every day but my dads cousin used to be a guide and knows all the honey holes. I’ve never ice fished it but want to before my dad and uncle get too old, maybe next year when all this crap is over with ( fingers crossed ).

Cyrus does sleepers, I believe Zippel Bay resort does them too and they even put an igloo bar out there that you can fish out of. Check out Sportsman’s Lodge on the Rainy River they most likely do sleepers as well, and have a Canadian resort too.

People lived and still live different up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Reactions: jiggerjarvi
21 - 35 of 34 Posts