Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's and galls, well looks like i'm missing another Deer season in Michigan. Coast Guard seems to keep me moving and busy. i'm down in Mobile, Alabama this year. Good luck to everyone, Shoot straight and be safe. Post up your stories let me know how the Eastern end of the UP is doing. i have 90 acres up there i haven't seen in 4 years. :coolgleam

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nothing about the EUP but a Big Thank You for your service.

pike man:fish:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I've heard of nothing so far. A buddy sat most all day, as did his crew and they saw ZERO deer. That's near Brimley, off Goldade Rd. Nobody's been seeing much, either live or on camera, from what I'm told. And that's throughout the entire area.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Never heard a shot in the farmland yesterday eve.....in the morning, only heard 10 shots and some were 10 miles out it seems.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was hunting at a camp toward the south end of sullivan creek road, west of Rudyard. Heard wolves howling yesterday morning. Betwen three guys two small bucks ssen, none shot and one doe. Not to many shots heard.
Nice to hear from you again. Hope you get back up here for a season sometime.

·
Premium Member
30,938 Posts
My BIL and nephew hunted near Hulbert in hurricane force winds (their discription) and saw squat! They sat sun up to sun down and heard 2 shots all day.
I'll be there over Thanksgiving weekend to bat clean up.:D

Big T

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got a call from my brother , last nite . His hunting party , of 5 guys , got 3 - 6pt. bucks on opening day . 2 in the AM. and 1 in the PM . 3 out of 5 , on opening day is a GREAT start , if you ask me . They are hunting in the Rapid River area . Ive been there with him a couple of times to hunt , and nothing is what I always saw . Maybe the DNR restrictions are haveing a positive effect .

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Walldady

cgc Zepher : We thank you very much for your service to our country . God Bless

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Heard less than 10 shots again this morning....ag land.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
uptracker,

You want to hear some shots, come to Jackson County! I stopped counting at 100 around 0830 yesterday. Then it picked up from there. I sat all day and easily heard 400 shots. Some were obviously 3-4 from the same person, but still.....:dizzy:

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
uptracker,

You want to hear some shots, come to Jackson County! I stopped counting at 100 around 0830 yesterday. Then it picked up from there. I sat all day and easily heard 400 shots. Some were obviously 3-4 from the same person, but still.....:dizzy:
:lol:..gotta love SLP

·
Registered
147 Posts
we had one 3 point shot at our farm in the EUP and a seen a few others according to my dad and uncle. good luck to everyone up there hunting and i cant wait to get back up there hunting as soon as im done with school in florida.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
uptracker,

Hopefully some of the southern michigan guys are finally doing their "doe duty" instead of just talking about it;)

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
uptracker,

I know, I hunted there from a kid on up to 24 years old...I know what it's like believe me. I even shot a few bursts of 3-4 shots before. Not for me anymore.

On opening day up here in the ag land, I'm used to hearing at least 30 shots on opening morning and maybe 15 in the evening.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I should add that I heard 4 wheelers leaving most blinds near me this morning by 8:30 am. People are fed up....

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
With no snow in the big woods up there, its going to make it hard to tell where they are so it may be a good year in favor of the deer :lol:
I saw lots of sign from a few weeks ago, which made it look like alot of deer were there but they had fanished before we arrived and with no snow, you cant even tell where they went.. Thats good in my opinion because we need a good survival year and a mild winter combined.

CB

·
Registered
147 Posts
we also need to get ride of alot of coyotes and some wolves up there. hopefully we can start hunting wolves soon.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
we also need to get ride of alot of coyotes and some wolves up there. hopefully we can start hunting wolves soon.
Don't count on it. MN has 3000+ wolves and believe me they are everywhere. They don't have a season and they do just fine harvesting deer every year. Most of them actually don't mind the wolves.

Ontario is the same way, a ton of wolves and a very good amount of deer. They do have a season, but not too many are shot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts