Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I lost my wallet "somewhere" between Meijer parking lot at 7am and Bolles launch at 8amish; first time ever in my life. I attempted to call my CC companies (so many 800 numbers when you go online!!) and the roboservice kept asking for my account number (obviously I didn't have in the boat!) and after saying "lost credit card" and "put credit card on hold" it kept saying "You want to increase your credit limit?". OMG. So I figured the heck with them they can pay for any fraudulent charges on new gold watches and lord knows what would be billed to me later. I called Meijer to ask if someone could go look around the area I was parked at while waiting for my partner to show, and after being hung up on once and then transferred 2x, the manager walked out and could not locate it. I was sure I had it at the access anyway but after looking through my truck 5x and the staging area 2x, I decided my fingers were cold enough and it was time to fish. Fishing started out slow but after a strategic move we got into some big fatties and were done by 1:30. After loading up and dropping my partner off at Meijer my phone lit up with "Michigan DNR" ...well I certainly wasn't doing anything illegal so it definitely had to be news about my wallet!! Officer Brian Vacek had me verify everything and was kind enough to arrange drop off of my wallet (money, CC, ID, BCN, etc) and license pack (OH, MI, Canada, CO, etc). I asked him if he's ever seen a bigger smiling face when driving up to someone and he just smiled and said "not often" :). Well he couldn't exactly give me the person's name and address whom turned it in but stated he could use a public forum to give me a snapshot of the name as he also knew from the individual himself that posted on Facebook right away. I don't have FB but at 10pm Sunday night officer Vacek sent me a screenshot of this person, B.Welch. I had my wife use her FB to look it up and messaged Mr.Welch right away. We had a few messages back and forth, but what an absolute tough morning turning into a great day!! Folks, there are good people out there yet and Mr. Welch is one of them and Officer Vacek is another. I hope I get the chance to pay them back someday or pay it forward to one of you. #fishermanbrotherhood

· Registered
120 Posts
Last Sunday I lost my wallet "somewhere" between Meijer parking lot at 7am and Bolles launch at 8amish; first time ever in my life. I attempted to call my CC companies (so many 800 numbers when you go online!!) and the roboservice kept asking for my account number (obviously I didn't have in the boat!) and after saying "lost credit card" and "put credit card on hold" it kept saying "You want to increase your credit limit?". OMG. So I figured the heck with them they can pay for any fraudulent charges on new gold watches and lord knows what would be billed to me later. I called Meijer to ask if someone could go look around the area I was parked at while waiting for my partner to show, and after being hung up on once and then transferred 2x, the manager walked out and could not locate it. I was sure I had it at the access anyway but after looking through my truck 5x and the staging area 2x, I decided my fingers were cold enough and it was time to fish. Fishing started out slow but after a strategic move we got into some big fatties and were done by 1:30. After loading up and dropping my partner off at Meijer my phone lit up with "Michigan DNR" ...well I certainly wasn't doing anything illegal so it definitely had to be news about my wallet!! Officer Brian Vacek had me verify everything and was kind enough to arrange drop off of my wallet (money, CC, ID, BCN, etc) and license pack (OH, MI, Canada, CO, etc). I asked him if he's ever seen a bigger smiling face when driving up to someone and he just smiled and said "not often" :). Well he couldn't exactly give me the person's name and address whom turned it in but stated he could use a public forum to give me a snapshot of the name as he also knew from the individual himself that posted on Facebook right away. I don't have FB but at 10pm Sunday night officer Vacek sent me a screenshot of this person, B.Welch. I had my wife use her FB to look it up and messaged Mr.Welch right away. We had a few messages back and forth, but what an absolute tough morning turning into a great day!! Folks, there are good people out there yet and Mr. Welch is one of them and Officer Vacek is another. I hope I get the chance to pay them back someday or pay it forward to one of you. #fishermanbrotherhood
I have found five wallets and two purse's in my life and every one was returned to its owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.