Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse while I vent for a bit! As you can see by the time, I left the stand early today. Got up nice and early to get out and sit in a spot where my bro saw a few bucks yesterday. Had a deer walk by, but was too dark to see. Next thing I know here comes a truck driving up thru the pipeline and parks about 50 yds from my stand!! He gets out and slams the door and proceeds to walk rite near my stand. But I was going to try and ignore it and see what happens. Soon thereafter he is walking around the woods and out of sight. Ok I says, this is ok... and sure enough 3 does come thru a little while after. I am getting ready to set up on the big one and here he comes walking back to his original stand! The deer scatter!

Needless to say, I got up and left! This is not the first time we have been bothered by them, in the past they were more obvious about bothering me! This year they have been more subtle. They know we have a stand there, and another about 70 yds away from that. Maybe I am over-reacting here, and thats ther only way they can get to their stand, but come on! Its been a problem with theses guys for the past few years, too many hunters with not enough room i guess.

So....thanks for letting me vent. But I am throwing in the towel on this season. I have dealt with it way too long and the time wasted is too much. I should just stick to fishing! haha, but i got a trip planned to the U.P. over Thanksgiving where the only thing I will see walking on two legs is Saskwatch! lol.

Just don't be THAT GUY this year! Try to compromise with neighbors, and dont be a jerk! You will ruin hunting for someone else!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you need to learn something about stand placement!
Oh I about stand placement! This spot has produced many a good buck. I think somebody else needs to learn how to park... Did I mention it not only hurts my stand, but their stand too!! But nice try...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Get there earlier and park where he parked. Leave him a card for QDMA and Hunters helping Hungry. Good luck, sorry about the misadventure, I missed a decent doe last night and heard a shot shortly thereafter, thought my buddy got it. Nope, the next property line is about 100 yds away but unknown who shot. Never give up hunting!!!! Meat in the freezer:chillin:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a similar problem..a guy would drive within 30 yards of his treestand and within 80 yards of mine...and he had to partially come through my property to do so, so I had a conversation with him one morning and asked if there was a possibility he could walk to his stand, i even told him he could park in my yard...he said ok...and he did so since then...everyone was happy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts