Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wallet was stolen earlier this year and my fishing license was one of the taken. Do I need to buy a new one, or can I get a copy of it on-line. I bought it through a sporting goods store, did not do the e-license thing. I hate to buy one with the season almost over, but I do plan on ice fishing a little.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't know about on line but you should be able to go to any license dealer and get a copy. They will have record of your fishing license. I did the same thing 2 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
From the book:::::

You may purchase a replacement license at any license dealer. You must provide the identification number used to purchase the original license. (driverslicense, state ID or sportsman card)
The cost of the replacement license will be determined at the license terminal.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
go on-line and purchase it !! I did this for the 2003 season and printed up multipal copies of the license,... I filed a few just in case one of them got lost. Laminated one of them and left it in my SeaRay cruiser so one would always be there when I went out.

Just a idea for you to think about before purchasing this years license! ;) :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
sounds like a great idea 7mm....is it legal to have multiple copies though????????.....if it is that is a sure thing for me..thanks

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yes it's LEGAL,.... it is YOUR license with YOUR name and info,... nobody elses! ;) :D

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I get a replacement every year, the cost is $3 I pay the $3 cause I don't loose, I forget, so I keep one in my fishing bibs on the ice and the other in my wallet as I do not always have my wallet on me. In the summer I keep one in the truck and the other in the car.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Correct $3 for any type of a replacement license that doesn't have any type of kill tag. No, it is not illegal to make extra copies of your licenses that you buy through the internet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts