Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
On Tue the 7th of Oct I was traveling to work around 2:20 on Rawsonville Rd North bound between Willis Rd and I-94 west of Belleville. Apparently my tailgate on my green 96 ford F-250 fell open causing my bow case and all of my archery equiptment to slide out. I learned about the tailgate upon arriving at work and called my girlfriend to begin searching for the item. I also went back and was unable to find the case. It contained all of my hunting equiptment which belonged to my father prior to his passing on Oct 1st.

I understand that there is not as many honest people in this world as we could wish for but something with sentimental value like this bow and the equipment is not able to be replaced. If anyone has any information that can help me out I would gladly pay a reward. I also contacted Van Buren, Belleville, Sumpter, and Washtenaw County Police department with no luck. I appreciate your concern to read this post and thanks again!

Craig

ZMAN

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's a tough loss. Sorry to hear about that. How about putting up a large sign on that route offering a reward for the return of the lost equipment. Good luck. Also, have you checked with the police to see if a good samaritan turned it in?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Man, That's really terrible, I live near that spot, I will keep an eye open. This must be really hard for you in your time of mourn. If you need someone to talk to, PM me And maybe we can get together.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family,
Ben

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wanted to get this post back to the beginning so more people could view it. Good Luck. When I bought my new Hoyt this year I was going to sell my old Darton but decided to keep it in case my Hoyt comes up missing.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I nearly had a similar incident this spring turkey hunting. I forgot to close my tailgate, and both of my shotguns rode 55 miles North balancing on the tailgate. Imagine my surprise when I got to our spot, and the guns were there in the open:eek:

Good luck, and I hope you find your stuff.

Dan

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
a friend of mine had a like experience. He had his ice shanty in the truck with the tailgate down. The shanty was only 1 week old. When he got to work he said hey come look at my new shanty to me. We went out side and no shanty was in the truck. He said "it was there when I left for work!" The boss let him back track to his house and he found it pulled to the side at a stop sign. Lucky for him. Needless to say the next day he got the tailgate fixed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gents,
I appreciate your help and understanding. I feel like all of you have been more than just "strangers" to me with the loss I have been dealing with on the 1st of Oct and the 7th . I have never been able to meet the majority of you on the site but feel as if this situation has touched you in a way that reflects your condolences to myself and my family.

This is a fine example of the kind of people that refer to themselves as "sportsman". My heart goes out to you and your families and I appreciate the support the post and your replys have given me in this time of need.

The bow has not yet returned, but in my heart I hope a young man or woman possibly unable to afford a bow and equipment may have stumbled across this "gift" unknown to where it came from is able to use it and continue the heritage and become a seasoned sportsman. One that can pass on his or her knowledge to their children someday as we learned from out parents.

Thanks again
Zman

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
that is a very positive attitude! I love it. If this world could find the positive in everything it would be a much nicer place. I'm sorry about your loss. But hey, every thing happens for a reason.

Now you can get that Mathews that youve always wanted!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts