Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being careless, I left my hand auger by the truck when we went out fishing. When I realized the hand auger wasn't with me, went back to the truck and auger was gone. Hated to lose it as I've had the auger for over 30 years(wife had bought it for me). Had lots of good trips with it. Was an old Normark auger(no longer made) with an orange drill. To make matters worse I had just paid $30 to have three sets of auger blades sharpened and it was cutting like new. Plus I've been getting on my son heavy for all the things he's losing lately and now I lose the auger---Wife is giving some grief now--"the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" routine. Guess I'm in the market for a new one---auger that is. By the way my son and I ended up with 60 perch and 9 gills for the day's fishing. Perch we kept were between 8-10". Gills were only about 7". Have yet to ever catch a gill 8" there. Good day of fishing ruined by the loss of the auger. Anyone out there know of a old Normark auger their looking to get rid of let me know.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So sorry to hear of your misfortune Blue. Everyone forgets things now and then. Who ever helped themselves to your auger was being watched by the man upstairs and their acts will not go un-noticed believe me. The time you spent with your son was worth it thou I am sure. And for that you are a more fortunate man than the person who took your auger. With a nice crop of perch and a few gills and the quality time spent with your son, I would say you are the lucky one, not the person who thought themselves lucky helping themselves to your auger. Take care. :)

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Have you tried contacting some sporting goods stores in the area or a resort that rents shantys..perhaps someone turned it in...also as a suggestion you might ..MARK..your goods so if someone does find a lost iten..they might contact you

·
Mr. Flatfish
7,736 Posts
You have to wonder about that kind of person who would steal something and then feel good about it. It's not like it's food or water, but he's just too damn lazy to work for it, it's easier to steal from someone... You can turn this into a object lesson for your son, but it doesn't take away the sting of losing something of great value to you...

·
Mr. Flatfish
7,736 Posts
I thought Stalin was a leader in Russia some years ago...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Man that was funny--thanks for the laugh--I attended the Dan Quale school of speeeleing--are ya ready here cooomes POTOOTATO.

·
Banned
948 Posts
now you have the opportunity to upgrade to a new lazer. It may not be the normark that you had so many fond memories w/ but I assure you it will cut better or as good. (and it wont be such a blatant color):). No need to call extra attention to your prime fishing location w/ a bright orange auger. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
You moght check around atWM etc as it wont be long and the price will be cut. I got a new one last year but dont recall what month. I would think that the stores in S MI will be dumping soon. No ice by now--probably wont be much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts