Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekened out of Crocker, using my quad and trailer for the first time, I had my cordless drill bounce off the trailer! As it was the second one I've lost since November I was pretty bummed. I figured my one and only chance was to post here and in the Lost and Found forum on this site.

Within several days I was very happy to see Fish Whisperer respond that he thought he had found it. After PMing a description, sure enough it was my drill. Since he was not interested in a reward he suggested that he and his wife (aka the Fish Whisperer Whisperer) could use a ride out to their spot where they had hit the motherlode the week before! I was more than happy to oblige and met them in the Crocker launch on 2-14. Well, I got my drill, they got their ride, and we got 2 fish between us! I won't mention who got skunked FW but with two fish between the three of us it was slow as for catching. I did enjoy the company though and was able to share lunch with these nice folks! (Progresso chicken soup and instant hot chocolate ain't much but it did hit the spot!)

Anyhow, thanks again for your honesty and company Dave and Hannah! I hope to put you on some smallies this summer (July?)! I am really pretty curious to see if Dave can catch a fish or if those 76 big boys last weekend were actually all caught by Hannah! ;-)

Finally, Steve, I want to thank you and the site for the forum that allowed my drill to be found and returned! I'm sure you appreciate the words of thanks but I'll also be donating a sawbuck to the site! (BTW for you youngsters...that's $20!) I'll get a money order this week and mail it! If I can't find a mailing address here I'll PM ya Steve!

Thanks again!

Tom

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I'm glad to see things worked out. Now if we could just hook Northern Outdoorsman up with his lost GPS.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I remember passing you at the launch while you were looking for it. That was a bad way to start the day. Glad to hear you got it back. Comes around, goes around, sounds like FW has one coming.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tom,

I was happy to get that drill back to you. It is always a good thing to have a chance to turn a negative event in someone elses life into a positive. In addition, meeting a good sportsman like yourself provides an added bonus. Hanna and I had a great time fishing though the fish had moved on. If I find them again I will let you know for sure. We really did enjoy the cuisine. That was the best meal on the ice we have ever had. Hanna said my coke and crackers lunch sucks compared to your soup. Now I have to drag more stuff out on the ice :D . Gonna need a quad myself to haul it all out there. We did a return trip to the same spot Sunday with 3 fish in the morning. All on minnows and glow jigs. Hate to say it but two bigger guys were mine.:p

After the morning bite we moved 1/2 mile in toward spillway and worked our way towards Metro stoping every now and again to drill and fish for 40 minutes hoping to find fish. We never found the fish but found some good weeds.

Does anyone know what contributes more to the clarity by the DNR launch (wind or clinton river outflow) Noticed the water clarity to be very poor relative to last week out about 1 mile from spillway in 12 fow but when we hit 8fow slightly south of spillway the water was gin clear. Moving across spillway and towards genos and Metro in 10-11 FOW the clarity became reduced again.

Thanks also for donating to the site. I am sure Steve will put it to good use. Hanna and I look forward to trying soft water on LSC with you this summer.

Fish Whisperer

·
Registered
118 Posts
ata boy F W

1 - 12 of 12 Posts