·
Registered
18,945 Posts
Shakespeare ugly stick , of course.

Reactions: hankrt

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
I'd quit buying nice rods if I kept breaking them like that. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I've broken more than a couple rods over the years. I blew up a nice 11' IMX rod on a snag, pinning last year. It made me pretty sad. I was pulling pretty good, and accept all the blame.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Depending on what model fenwick you broke you might be able to get a new one or a good discount based on the warranty. I broke my 6'9" river runner over memorial day weekend and i emailed them a couple of times and apparently they are shipping a new rod out to me. They didn't say which model they were sending though. So i emailed them today to inquire about the model. They take a few days to email you back but if you get a free rod out of it then itll be worth the wait. They don't carry the river runner anymore which bums me out because it was such an awesome rod. I guess ill just have to use the 5'8"river runner in some creeks for trout. Good luck and shoot them an email.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
10,061 Posts
Buy a nice 6 foot lamiglas closer. Love the weight and sensitivity

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
So I lost a good friend today. Broke my Fenwick rod. Snapped about a foot off the tip. Going to miss my fishing partner what should I buy now

Sent from my moto e6 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Send it back to Fenwick! They will send you a brand new one. Doesn't matter how you broke it. I am on my 3rd or 4th replacement at this point. I think they charge for shipping and handling. Last one maybe cost me $20.

Give it a shot!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Love me some fenwick eagle rods, great rod for $60

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You won't be sorry having Rough Water build you one. He's currently building a Closer jigging rod In Cat colors for me. This will be the 3rd rod he's done for me. Soon to be 5, because I'm in need of 2 power noodle bluegill ice rods (those will be Cat too).

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
I'd quit buying nice rods if I kept breaking them like that. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I've broken more than a couple rods over the years. I blew up a nice 11' IMX rod on a snag, pinning last year. It made me pretty sad. I was pulling pretty good, and accept all the blame.
I buy nice rods because i break them like that. Most expensive rods have phenomenal warranty service.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Rough water built a custom steelhead rod on new, old stock for me. Did a custom repair of two other handles. It’s good work.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
So I lost a good friend today. Broke my Fenwick rod. Snapped about a foot off the tip. Going to miss my fishing partner what should I buy now

Sent from my moto e6 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Have you had it more than 10 yrs? Contact fenwick. They have a mulligan program and will likely send you a new one. My son broke a fenwick eagle rod last year that was 4 yrs old and no receipt. All I had to do was send some pictures and they mailed me a new one no questions asked. They said they do the no reciept claim once for every customer. After that they require proof of purchase on your next rod.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Send it back to Fenwick! They will send you a brand new one. Doesn't matter how you broke it. I am on my 3rd or 4th replacement at this point. I think they charge for shipping and handling. Last one maybe cost me $20.

Give it a shot!
My son bought a 13 fishing spinning rod he really liked. He had it replaced twice. The first time free the second time it was $20. This past january he went to harris chain in florida and ended up closing a tackle storage comaprtment lid on the end of the handle and it snapped off. My wife contacted 13 fishing. They said they were out of his model but they would ship the next best model free of charge. He recieved an upgrade then last week a new rod came UPS... They replaced with the original model when it came in stock which was kinda strange. So 4 yrs after the purchase he has broken the rod 3 times (all his fault) and he has ended up with 5 total rods and currently has two brand new rods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts