Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 40-9 and 43-9 area with 14 steelhead.Downriggers 35' and dipseys 75' set on 1 with orange colors best. 2.8 mph. Algae bloom has started in that area.Could not keep white bass off lines.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
good job and thanks for the report. I will try Wheatney tomorrow. Where is Lorain? is it closer than Wheatney? I found Lorain on Ohio. Is that right or is it in Canada?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Lorain ohio. You could launch from huron or drive to lorain. From now thru sept. It should be pretty good fishing for them. Orange ladder back has been our best over the past many yrs. This is only one example. And you don't have to mess with freakin borders!!!!! And keep your catch from everyday!

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Very nice chromer!

How far of a run out is it?

Thinking of doing a combo fishing/ceder point trip (and no I'm not leaving the boat in CP) before school starts with my daughter and a couple of her friends.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice chromer!

How far of a run out is it?

Thinking of doing a combo fishing/ceder point trip (and no I'm not leaving the boat in CP) before school starts with my daughter and a couple of her friends.
From Hot Waters ramp 40-9 area is 13.5 mi. out and 43-9 is 16.5 mi.out. Water is 62' in that area.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Thanks for the Info... I chase em out of Wheatley (89 miles each way) all summer, but I'd like to do a road trip to OH this year...Something new. Getting tired of the same ole, same ole.

Lorain is 188 miles each way.... Little much for the day trip!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
As the summer wears on, typically it's about a 18 mile run out from Lorain. Usually 60 f.o.w. and very clear. You just have to find them. We stay at holiday village and if were going back down, Doug will let us leave our boat there. But you will have to work that out as I have stayed there for many years when fishing Ohio. Best place to stay for us without question compared to alot of places we have stayed down there. Maybe not as close, but at least the ammenities and friendlyness more than make up for it. Tell em I sent you.
http://www.holidayvillageresort.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts