Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm from Monroe and have the itch for some perch, which seem to be few and far between down here on Erie. I'd like to give your pond a try, any suggestions on where (with driving directions) would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
257 Posts
I fished LSC for the first time this weekend. Struck-out on Saturday and hammered them on Sunday. So just get on I-75 and head north to M-59 and head west (just kidding) east. You'll see the DNR ramp and theres a bait store within 100 yards of the enterance.

·
Super Moderator
37,725 Posts
Thats a bit of a round about route, about 20 miles too long. I-75 north to I-94 east to M-59 east.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Greeting downriver man “Huron River Dan”… haha!

Otherwise, how was the perch hunting up until lately in your neck of the lake?

Seems to me that when they be biting here, they be biting elsewhere / everywhere too! Ya just gotta be where they are to get em when they be on the bite. Actually I think the same ting goes for seeing deer too… no matter what, seems to me like others see them come off their beds about the same time I do. Even friends who I talk to that hunt the other side of the state seem to see them bout the same time we do! Dems critters know something we don’t.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this aspect?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Perhaps this will help those trying to locate this site.

"DNR Opens New Boating Access Site on Lake St. Clair
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LANSING--Michigan Department of Natural Resources officials today announced the opening of a new boating access site at L'Anse Creuse Bay on Lake St. Clair near Mount Clemens."

For details click on the following link.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10371_10402-81883--M_2001_10,00.html

BTW...
To locate other MI access sites use the "Michigan Recreational Boating Information System, Find Access Site” search system at: http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/MRBIS/

Good luck fishing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! As far as the perch down here I know what you're saying...But guys I've talked to down here say the perch don't seem to be here like they used to be.

Dan

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dan, the ramp from I75 N to 94E is closed, so you would be better off going I275 N to 94 E then across.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts