Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 40 to 80 acre parcel or hunting camp in above counties. Prefer something somewhat off the beaten path with mix of forest types and possible areas for putting in food plots. Private message me if you have property that you are interested in selling or have potential leads on someone who may. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not sure if you're still looking but I have 80 acres in Cheboygan that I would sell. Has a 3 bedroom house and detached 2 car garage. Basement. Has a 6-7 acre field that we plant plus 5 or 6 other food plots. Lots of morels in spring. It's right on M33 so it's not "of the beaten path". But it has natural gas and a new furnace and well pump. We always get deer. Great bow hunting spot. Would want about $150,000. If interested pm me and I'll give you my phone number.

·
Registered
36,034 Posts
Make sure you check out a soils map prior to your purchase. Soil is the most expensive part of the property to change. The NE part of Cheboygan county. Is known as "a desert surrounded by water" it gets very little rain annually plus it has sandy soil. Food plots do not thrive. The old Abitibi land is also part of that desert.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Make sure you check out a soils map prior to your purchase. Soil is the most expensive part of the property to change. The NE part of Cheboygan county. Is known as "a desert surrounded by water" it gets very little rain annually plus it has sandy soil. Food plots do not thrive. The old Abitibi land is also part of that desert.
I'm quite a ways from abitibi. Tough growing stuff there but not here. I actually have 2 farms right across the street and one a half mile behind my property. A large one a mile behind me. We have grown beans, corn, wheat, clover, oats, turnips, radishes and more. Good soil here. Have also shot some nice bucks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the idea fels. I live west of cheboygan so i was looking for more of a deer camp feel and dont need a year round house on the property. I really like the hawks area in presque isle county with the larger deer camps and rolling hills with lots of oaks. May put another offer on an 80 and small cabin over there but a little worried about the deer numbers with basicly unlimited doe hunting due to being able to take 2 does with regular combo tags

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not sure if you're still looking but I have 80 acres in Cheboygan that I would sell. Has a 3 bedroom house and detached 2 car garage. Basement. Has a 6-7 acre field that we plant plus 5 or 6 other food plots. Lots of morels in spring. It's right on M33 so it's not "of the beaten path". But it has natural gas and a new furnace and well pump. We always get deer. Great bow hunting spot. Would want about $150,000. If interested pm me and I'll give you my phone number.
Hello Fels340, I saw your thread response to Jpwards land request. I did a search for "cheboygan" and this thread came up. Anyway, I would like to speak to you regarding the 80 acres that you say is for sale in Cheboygan county. My name is Karl and you can either reply here or send a PM to "75north". I've a few questions for you regarding the property. Its been a long time since I've been on M-S.com and I don't see an option for sending pm's... Hopefully talk to you soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts