Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought a new to me sled last night. I don't have gps yet, but i know i need it. I got my shanty and bunches of gear. I'm really just looking to maybe meet up with a guy or group, once i make sure my sled is all good to go, too kinda show me the trail out to the fishing areas. I've never really fished the east side at all, and I've never been out that far on the ice. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking to go maybe Sunday.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a polar plunge Saturday so I'm a little tied up. That's why I'm planning on Sunday.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You mentioned you don't have a GPS. I would at least put navionics on your phone. It is better than nothing.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread but my brother and I want to head up there on Saturday. We've never been on the bay before and are nervous about not knowing the ice/etc. We'd love to have someone let us semi-tag along. We don't need too much help, just want to follow someone some of the way out so we can travel safely. We'll even buy the beer and bring the venison snacks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
If all else fails just show up at a popular place like Sunset Bay Marina and ask someone if you can tag along because you are new to fishing the bay. There are plenty of stand up guys that would be glad to let you tag along. Throw in beer and venison snacks and you just might make a new lifelong friend

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a brand new in the box INREACH se delorme satellite GPS for sale asking 225 for it also micro av 2 New in the box for 200
I may be interested in that, does it have any charting capability? Can it be wired to my sled or is it battery only? I see your fairly close to me as well, I'm in grand blanc. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't tell u much about the GPS cause I haven't messed with it still sealed in the box the camera I have one myself and there awesome swing bye and check it out or I could meet u half way if u want I'll be out of town Fri for a week on business though

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just bought navionics us and Canada last Friday through Google play as well, very pleased with app, took me in and out on same line and great contours as well, about 2' off though due to higher water, but easy enough to compensate.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Us / Canada paid version is what i have. I lost a pair of needle nose pliers fishing 2 weeks ago Navionics took me to within 5 feet of the pliers one week later and I recovered them...

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Franks had the lowrance elite 4 gold gps/chartplotter....with the navonics gold card included for 229 last time I was there.

Just used mine for the first time today...worked great on higgins...all contours were spot on...and the gps had me driving in my tire tracks when I was following my trail back..

Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts