Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, with forecast of a rainy opener and a SOUTH wind, what do you all think about the property I will be hunting. Usually I would have no problem waiting for a better day, but last year they cut the corn Oct. 2nd and ruined my stand locations. I want to push the pressure a little this year. I have to park at the orange square, property owners request.

Walking the clover is out of the question because it scares all of the feeding deer of the night.

My idea right now is to park, and walk the road South and get into the corn a few rows. My hopes would be that I could get into the middle stand unknown to the deer, and my scent would be downwind of all the feeding deer in the clover.

Anybody have an ideas for me, best just to wait it out until the evening hunt and set on the stand to the far right?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Buckhunter,
If it were me I would have a stand in the Northeast corner of your aerial between the smaller clover and whatever the field is to the north. That looks like a real nice funnel to me. I am not sure what the larger open expanse is to the south but a south wind should not bother you in that location. I would enter the stand by walking the curved road and entering along the northern property boundary.
Good luck

Oh I just noticed that there is a creek running through that area as well. All the better for you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Is the forecast for a south wind, or a wind blowing to the south (north wind)?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Buckhunter,
If it were me I would have a stand in the Northeast corner of your aerial between the smaller clover and whatever the field is to the north. That looks like a real nice funnel to me. I am not sure what the larger open expanse is to the south but a south wind should not bother you in that location. I would enter the stand by walking the curved road and entering along the northern property boundary.
Good luck

Oh I just noticed that there is a creek running through that area as well. All the better for you.

Thinking the same thing:)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hunted there two years ago and the area showed a lot of sign, but never seen any deer.... And I hunted ALOT.

Now there is a family member of the property owners that has a stand on the end of that funnel, right next to the road. I also ran into a guy trespassing that said the property owners great grandfather gave him permission in '55 so he can keep hunting there.

It's a messs down there, but a great spot none the less. :chillin:

Thanks for the responses guys, anybody have other ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts