Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last year was really my first year on the ice in a long time. I fish lake st clair. Last year I only really used small jigs, tipped with a minnow waxxie,spike, wiggler etc. I did Ok, but not great.I am looking for different setups for perch. I would also love to target walleye this year too. So I need all the advice I can get for walleye fishing lake st clair through the ice. Like where to target them, what to use, how deep, what walleye pole, lures, bait etc etc..Thanks in advance, and remember im teaching my self;)

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
The In-Fisherman is a good start but you won't gain much info on LSC in there. The trick is,,,, just hang out here, you'll get so much info and techniques its not even funny. While I'm no "pro" by any stretch of the imagination on LSC, I do a whole lot better than I used to out there. In the past, some days I wouldn't catch a keeper, while now, I can usually pull a couple a dinners on most days,, some days better.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Might want to try perch spearing as another technique. Kinda satisfying when that hog wont come in to your hook. :)

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
kbkrause said:
Might want to try perch spearing as another technique. Kinda satisfying when that hog wont come in to your hook. :)
agreed. I got some new dekes to try this year also... woohoo! need to find some more though (can ya ever have enough).

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I upgraded a lot this year:bloos: This is my setup. misc jigs. ( aprox 100 total) 6 poles, defferent sizes.(NO walleye rods though) Fish trap Yukon, mr buddy heater, aqua vu zt50, fl8 vexilar. And two tip ups, I want to try pike fishing this year for fun. MAN BRING ON THE ICE:help:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Brian if you like fishing pike you may wont to start out around the island behind the Raft. Now that have all them goodys you'll have to learn how they work, it should put a new twist on your game. Don't forget the vex. wont catch fish it will only let you know that they are around. Practice, Practice. Get the mag it's a great place to start.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do, ed Ill have to hang out around you around first ice. You seem to be pro at ice fishing;):lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts