Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some land in Montcalm County and am seeking some local trout streams to fish this summer. According to the DNR stocking reports, Tamarack Creek gets yearly plantings. I am not looking for any specific spots just some general information on public access, wading conditions, room to fly cast... Any words of wisdom / advice out there?

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
a well-stocked, but marginal trout stream. You'll have plenty of company. Fairly open (some of it) for flyfishn', but the nearby Muskegon is wide-open. Pretty water.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good Day,

Isn't there a park just east of 131 and M-82 at Howard City? The one with that strange "pond". Don't forget the Little Muskegeon.

Steelie

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,476 Posts
scoot said:
theres nice trout in there but you gotta put in your time.
Sure was/is. A buddy of mine had a place on it, he has passed away so I don't fish it anymore. A lot of chubs and some bass and pike as well. Actually a good stream if you can get private access to it. They killed it off years ago but didn't take long for the "undesireables" to repopulate along with the trout. There is one hole I wish I could fish again, well actually 2 or 3 but oh well!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good Day,

Yeah, those jetboats seem to blast upstream with the throttle wide-open.
I think it is only a matter of time before there is either a no wake or horse power restriction regulation on the Mo.

Anyone else have the experience of the Tam getting "dritier" as you go downstream? Like by the pull off west of 131 off 82? It always seems a bit cloudy when I go there.

Steelie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.