Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Looking for Good Excuses to Go Hunting

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  britches 
#1 ·
I'm an outdoors writer working on an article for Bow & Arrow Hunting about buck fever, and how it compels individuals to shirk their family/work responsibilities to go hunting. I'm looking for some of the best excuses ever concocted, as well as good stories that I can share with readers of the magazine. If you have any great excuses or stories, please contact me. Email me at dwarner2008@yahoo.com, or call me at (517) 290-6471.
Thanks.

#5 ·
My wife got a ride from the next door neighbor to the hospital to have our first born:yikes:

Took me a while to get down from the tree but I made it before my bow made his appearance (thank God).

I still have scars though:SHOCKED:

#6 ·
My wife got a ride from the next door neighbor to the hospital to have our first born:yikes:

Took me a while to get down from the tree but I made it before my bow made his appearance (thank God).

I still have scars though:SHOCKED:
Your "bow"? :lol:

#8 ·
Opening of Firearm shares the same day as my birth - November 15th. So I just give myself a vacation every year as a present to myself.;) And my sons birthday is the week prior- November 8th, so he gets a vacation as a present too. And you know Dad has to chaperone.:D:D

#13 ·
My girlfreind had to postpone having birth induced on Nov 15, till the 18th right after my son was born I looked at her she just shook her head and said thank you for coming home for this see ya in a couple days. Now thats a birth I will never forget.

#16 ·
But honey, don't you remember what we did exactly 9 months ago last year?!

~This is said as you are holding your 10 month old~

For those of you who haven't ever done the math...9 months prior to opening day of gun season is what Holiday.......yeah a woman must have invented Valentines day to counter the 9 months pregnancy...lol

#20 ·
"Honey, I am doing this for your mother. If I don't do my part to manage the herd, think of all the extra deer runiing around. She might hit a deer with the car and I just don't like to think of the consequences...I look at it as my duty to you and your mom".

#22 ·
My girlfriend says that like the Whitetail Buck i also go in to the Rut. I hunt just about every day of the Bow Season and as the season goes on she says that i start acting alot like the Bucks that i hunt day in and day out. Around the time of the Rut she says all i want to do is chase deer > eat > have sex > sleep:evilsmile....as far as a excuse to hunt....I work for myself... i just face it and take Oct. and Nov. Off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.