Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. wondering if anyone has info / can recommend a big water charter company? will be staying in trout lake, long weekend around June 18th. was looking at daybrake charters, but the 3 hour drive to the dock is a bit much. looking to find something closer. wanting to target steelies, browns, kings, really whatever we can catch and eat!!! lol all info is greatly appreciated! I'll be bring my little boat for the local lakes but really want to get on the big water somewhere! thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry if this is in the wrong forum. figured icefishing threads are hot right now and its the only one I see for UP big water bays

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I was looking at daybrake charters, but it appears he only runs out of Marquette. the 3 hour drive from trout lake to Marquette is what I want to avoid.

if this is better suited topic for the (gen discussion) section will one of the admin please move it there for me. i don't know how, without just reposting. thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
soo fishing charters aren't bad with greg

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
This is ice fishing UP inland lakes and the BAYS on the big water.

You want to go here: http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

I'm reading your post and it looks like you looked into a Stannard Rock trip with Daybreak which is why it's 3 hours to the dock? If that's the case I know he does other trips closer. There's also Kimar out of shelter bay.
Can't help you with charters but if you can get a trip booked out to Stannard Rock with someone reputable I would look into that. I think it's trip that everyone that's into fishing should try at least once, it's more of an adventure kind of thing.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's gonna happen just not this year. Just bought a house. lol but we are gonna do stannard rock sometime next year for the adventure!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah it seems lake superior is pretty void of much charters unless you head far west. Soo isn't too bad. It's a shame there's none out of grand marais.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts