Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccomend a good taxidermist to mount my first nice smallie I caught today? Preferrably in Macomb county. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I understand that Lombardos(sp) just east of New Baltimore on M-29(23 Mile) are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Wayne does good work and has probally the best prices also.I have two taxidermist buddies also so i kinda know first hand what to really look at on a mount for flaw areas. waynes fish for me was flawless except for the paint ....unfortunately i didnt take a picture of my stream run brown it was a day before season closer it was in full fall color....it was painted like a typical stream run brown:(

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Here's one that St Clair Flats did for my son to give you an idea (excuse the date stamp 2007 error, it was taken today and is a 5 year old mount):

·
Administrator
17,779 Posts
I have had fish mounted by Wayne (Wayne's taxidermy) and Lombardo.
They both do a pretty nice job. Wayne mounts all my deer...
<----<<<

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
St. Clair flats, Darrel something did my Walleye......Nice job, but expensive....$280.00 for a 11.4 lb. Wallter........1997

Does anyone have a good way of cleaning dust off of them, without wiping them with a cloth?????

Mushy

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Have had 6 fish done by Lombardo's, including a 32# King Salmon and he does a great job. Not replica's just the real original thing. Fish are all hanging on the cabin walls and still look as good as the day I picked them up. Smallmouth bass...Walleye...Brown trout...Steelhead...another King salmon...Lombardo's is the place IMHO...:):chillin::fish:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts