Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm looking for a good deal on a spear for this up coming spearing season through the ice. Started last year and now I'm hooked, just wanted to konw if anybody new a good deal on one or a location where i could buy one. Dealers around here seem not to have any in stoke yet and i'm getting anxious.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Where are you located? Perch or Pike?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Located in Muskegon County, Western Michigan, and I'm looking to spear some good old Northern Pike.

·
Registered
292 Posts
kph92584,I purchased a regular 9 tine spear from the local sport shop and cut the tiny handle off the they come with and welded a piece of 3/4 inch steel dowel 7ft long on it and it flies like a arrow Ive used it for about 3 yrs now and speared alot of good size northerns with it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I get my pike, trout, and whitefish spears made by a guy in Goetzville (EUP), never was able to find any on the commercial market that were worth a crap. Also know a guy in CHeboygan that makes nice ones. But thats a ways form you. DOn't know if the'll ship em.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking to spend a decent amount on a spear but I need to find one before the ice is thick enough to spear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts