Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Everyone has a preference on their choice of electronics but with the spike in price of the showdown, would you consider an other unit? I think I saw them earlier this week at Cabelas for $349.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Everyone has a preference on their choice of electronics but with the spike in price of the showdown, would you consider an other unit? I think I saw them earlier this week at Cabelas for $349.
I believe the "troller" is $199. But I did a quick search and came up with a price range of $199-$400(depending on models).

I would HIGHLY recommend a x67($269-299) before a showdown.
That's just my opinion

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend a x67($269-299) before a showdown.
That's just my opinion[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
For $340???

NO WAY, Jose` !!!
:lol:

I'll take my HB for $699 , and use it year 'round.

;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i'm just not much for them flashers i don't really understand them and going by myself or with the lady isn't going to help me figure them out the showdown is simple and self explanatory....

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
I don't run my machine in flasher mode....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love my Showdown! Never had a problem with blown fuses and the performance is great. The older ones (like I have) play well next to a Vexilar but for some reason my buddy's Marcum scrambles my eggs a little so I have to turn the noise reduction up which reduces sensitivity some. Vexilars, Marcums, Showdowns, Humminbirds, and the Lowrance are all great and will all increase your success on the ice. It's just a matter of figuring out which one you like the best. Youtube has some video of guys using a showdown. Like I said mine has been great and I'd buy another for sure. Good Luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
no blown fuses for me either but i always disconnect a battery lead before disconnecting/connecting the fused pigtail to my charger.

craig

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
anyone know where exactly i can find one of these???? and for the best price thanks guys
When I was doing my shopping before Christmas, BassPro in Auburn Hills had Showdowns, Birds and X67c's on display.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bird Ice 55. Nice unit and you can set the Zoom anywhere in the water colum, which is great not just the bottum 5/6ft. pricey but good unit. As said above all are better than none that is a fact.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts