Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my scope wasn't shooting right. I have buddy who's pretty good with guns bore sight it and shoot it. It appears the reticle inside is screwed up (internal problem) since it won't move when he adjusts it.

I got this scope with the rifle (.270 savage / Tasco 3 X 9 with bullet drop compensator) 17 years ago and love the combination. Now that the scope is gone anyone know where I can get another similar scope. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Tasco but I'd like to have the bullet drop compensator. They're not necessary in Michigan but I like it. I took two does at 450 yards with head shots using it and like to have that capability if needed.

Browsing the web I see that I can get knobs now that are bullet drop compensators but I'd rather have it built in. Anyone know where to find the scope I'm looking for? Thanks......

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've been using a 3x9x40 Redfield Illuminator with a bullet drop comp. for 10 yrs. on my Ruger M77 .270. It doesn't have it built in though and you have to change the knob. After 10 yrs. with it I'd say you can do better. The optic's have never seemed to perform as well during bright daylight as a 3x9x40 Tasco on my 06.. It works ok when it's getting dark though. Over the years I lost one of the knobs so I agree that it's a pain in the butt to be foolin with. With a msrp of $600.00 I'm sure you can find somthing better. I paid $275 for it. Don

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Springfield Armory makes scopes with this feature, or similiar and Burris has there Ballistic Plex, wich works in the same fashion. The Springfields are pricey but nice and the Burris are a good value.

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll check into the Burris. I'm not into spending too much but really want to have the drop compensator again. I love the feature too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts