Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good wading jacket for $200 or less? I would like one with a pocket on the back for extra storage, but any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
37,501 Posts
Redington makes one that looks and feels very similar to Simms. I have a buddy who fishes a LOT, has had it a year and is still very happy with it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dont think you can get the Orvis Tailwater any longer. There may be a few random sizes around but a good coat for $199.00.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have the original tailwater wading jacket and I think was one of the better jackets on market for the price. I think I got it on sale at the MWFF in 06 or 05.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the idea of the Orvis Tailwater. It looks like a great jacket. I looked around and size large is out of stock.

they have them on sale as i write this @ BASS PRO SHOPS!!!!
I didn't see it on the basspro web site. is it an in-store only deal?

·
Registered
733 Posts
there are a couple of llbean wading jackets for under 200. i have their pac-lite jacket and it works good as an outer shell in a layering system, in addition to being a great lightweight jacket in warmer weather. when i first bought it, i was concerned with how thin it is, however after brush beating through multi flora rose, common buckthorn and other nasty invasives along riverbanks without any puncturing i can say that it is a pretty tough jacket. plus, it does not add any bulk around my arms which happened when i tried on other jackets at the store with my usual layering setup.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cat4=9963&shop_method=pp&feat=9963-sub2&np=Y

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cabela's Gore Tex is pretty nice. Well made. I paid under a hundred on sale last season. This jacket seems to be made as good or better than the Simms in my humble opinion. Comfort is a big part of it too. I tried on a ton of jackets and the Cabelas fit and felt the best so it worked out all the way around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts