Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

looking for a guide

901 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  miturkey
Thinking of hiring a guide this year anyone have any suggestions looking to hunt around the wellston area
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
:D I'm looking for a guide too or some one to hunt with in lake county
Rod Benson had been building Turkey calls and guiding in Michigan for 27 years. His guys killed 24 Tom's last year. If interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info.
Originally posted by deputy
[email protected]

I dont know if that adress works anymore? I sent a request for info about the seminar you posted in another thread, and it came back undeliverable.

Do you have anymore details about the seminar?

thanks
See less See more
i have a cabin in wellston...lots of birds on the state land that surounds us...why would you need a guide???

Mikie
well the last 4 or five years we have only seen a few (hens) and we are always getting the last hunt wich does not help much. plus we dont have that much time to scout.
Originally posted by umas911
well the last 4 or five years we have only seen a few (hens) and we are always getting the last hunt wich does not help much. plus we dont have that much time to scout.
IMHO, down here, that last hunt is the best time to be hunting. I managed the first week last year, and it was a heck of a lot harder to get birds called in than the previous 2 yrs in the late season.

If you don't find a guide in your area, and don't mind going to the Chelsea area instead, PM me. I may be able to lend a hand, depending on what season you get. I have a first timer, and my own tag (hopefully) to fill, but have never had a problem finding a bird or two extra.
See less See more
go to the home page of away hunting prouducts there is a page for the turkey tech it is april 10th at 1030 pm cost id 40 bucks includes lunch
The last I checked, Rod was charging 150.00 a day and you buy him lunch......lol :)
I am not around the wellston area but i do guide in southern Michigan its only about 2 hours from there. You can email me at [email protected]
Anybody needing a guide this spring shoot me a PM.
I thought I was going to be too busy, but had some time open up.
I do have some other people interested in hunting up by wellston.If anybody is interested i am putting together some hunts up there this year. You can email me at [email protected]
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.