Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a guide in the sense of I'm looking to pay someone...more like a rider. I'm gonna drag the Tracker over with me Friday morning since I have the entire weekend off for a change. I'm fishing the Musky opener with Due51 on Saturday (his boat) but would love to hit some smallies on Friday. So, I'm looking for someone to ride along... show me the ropes of LSC smallies. I have a Tracker Pro 17 bass boat with a Mariner 40 that runs like a watch. If you are interested please let me know. I'll probably be hitting the east side late morning and would like to fish for several hours till mid-late afternoon.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be launching out from 11 mile and fishing between there and Metro. I'll be in a red Nitro pursuing smallies as well.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
You should be able to find the smallies pretty easy now. Try from 15 mile down to 7 mile in 7-12 fow. Drifting w 4 inch tubes or casting spinner baits is real effective.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
hope you're not expecting the non stop of action of CROTON!:evilsmile

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
ay just wait til a ski or big pikey devours ur fast bass stuff and runs venezuela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
i really don't keep up on smallie action..but i wonder if st clair..upper det river or brest bay erie is hottest right now..ya realize the lake is not legal til 3rd sat in june, yes?..also if the weather prognosticators are to be halfways trusted u drew fairly calm seas................FRIDAY...SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS IN THE EVENING...BECOMING
LIGHT AND VARIABLE. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.
.SATURDAY...SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS...BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO
15 KNOTS...THEN DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.
.SUNDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
shametamer said:
i really don't keep up on smallie action..but i wonder if st clair..upper det river or brest bay erie is hottest right now..ya realize the lake is not legal til 3rd sat in june, yes?..

pm sent, catch and release is open, All bass caught must be immediately returned to the water: L. St. Clair, St. Clair R. and Detroit R., from the last Sat. in April - Fri. before the 3rd. Sat. in
June;

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Waterfoul......call me at the store or have Due stop in tomorrow.....I'm gonna be on the lake everyday Fri-Monday.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
Man I thought U wuZ good...
:lol:
What is there to them hotdaWgs???
Blast as fast as U can to a "fishy" lookin' spot , drop th' w00d ch0ppaH - tie a hunk 0' fLuBBeR on (like a senk0 or t00B jiG) to your 165LB test braided aircraft cable & rip their nuTz off ....
Rinse & repeat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How hard is that??
:evilsmile :evilsmile

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
sfw1960 said:
Man I thought U wuZ good...
:lol:
What is there to them hotdaWgs???
Blast as fast as U can to a "fishy" lookin' spot , drop th' w00d ch0ppaH - tie a hunk 0' fLuBBeR on (like a senk0 or t00B jiG) to your 165LB test braided aircraft cable & rip their nuTz off ....
Rinse & repeat!

How hard is that??
:evilsmile :evilsmile
whatta barbarian you are Robert!:tsk: DO NOT THINK for one moment these sophisticated st clair bronzebacks are as easily fooled or tempted as those cro-magnon piscatarian species you have on the west side of the state!:yikes: You can't just chunk n dunk a gob of gulp out and expect these refined east side creatures to swim and devour like those yokel yuk yuk west side gullible types!:dizzy: These aristocrats have to be teased and tempted with just the right tube or senko of color with just a hint of proper smell(not overpowering) and presented in a gentile manner..you know shaken, not jerked harshly or plopped on them..allowing them to absorb the aroma and politely pick up their meal!:evilsmile

·
Super Moderator
37,685 Posts
Yep, either that or just scream a spinnerbait past them, they cant help themselves, they have to KILL it.
Thats my take on finessing those smallies. ;):lol:

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
whatta barbarian you are Robert!
THAT would be me.
:D

ESOX said:
Yep, either that or just scream a spinnerbait past them, they cant help themselves, they have to KILL it.
Thats my take on finessing those smallies. ;):lol:
There ya go Shamey.... better go take a few more puffs off the weed ER I mean , "vine" of knowledge!!

If Paul say it's so - well ~ I think you KNOW who I'm puttin' my money on!!
:fish2: :fish2:
I still have to get them Matzuo's wet Paul!!
:eek:
I did however waNK a few greenies & one eye on them FlicKeR ShaDz... MAN!! They thrum harder that a Shad RaP and even the catz like 'em!!
:evilsmile
R

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try in front of the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club. My son and I were down there the other night and we caught 4 smallies, 1 silver bass, 1 nice pike, and 3 perch in 10 to 12 inch class. We were trolling using small rapalas.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
sfw1960 said:
THAT would be me.
:D

There ya go Shamey.... better go take a few more puffs off the weed ER I mean , "vine" of knowledge!!

If Paul say it's so - well ~ I think you KNOW who I'm puttin' my money on!!
:fish2: :fish2:
I still have to get them Matzuo's wet Paul!!
:eek:
I did however waNK a few greenies & one eye on them FlicKeR ShaDz... MAN!! They thrum harder that a Shad RaP and even the catz like 'em!!
:evilsmile
R
geez Robert seems like all your buds catch their fish on spinnerbaits ..walleyes, bass ,u name it!:evilsmile

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Hey guy's, good job on the fish.................

The big question is did Mike "learn" anything..........:evil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts