Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be three couples all in our mid-twenties, looking for a good three day weekend campsite in the nlp, last year we did Hartwick Pines. Any suggestions for a spot would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
20,175 Posts
Hey Dave

We've been camping at Henning Park in Newaygo and love it. Close to town, canoe rentals, watering holes, ect..

Say Hi to Big Dave and your mom for me

·
Registered
603 Posts
for the suggestion I'll look into that one for this summer. Sounds like you've got all the necessary amenities down.

I told the old-man I ran into you on here he said tell you hello

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Tawas Point State Park is good. Beach, lighthouse, town nearby.

There is a state forest campground on M-72 west of Grayling. Manistee River access.

Ludington State Park, Wilderness State Park, Straits State Park (St. Ignace). Too many to list.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I figured there would be some favorites out there that would point us in a good direction. We are trying to go some place new each year in an annual camping trip.

·
Registered
723 Posts
newaygo sp ,paris park in mecosta county by big rapids it is an old fish hatchery both very relaxing. If that is what your looking for.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Look at Aloha State Park located on Mullet Lake in Cheboygan County, there is some good fishing on Mullet Lake, and if you have a boat you will have a large inland water route available to you. You can travel from Lake Huron thru the Cheboygan River, Mullet Lake, the Indian River, Burt Lake and on into Crooked Lake. There is also a nice beach at Aloha State Park, and campsites are nice. There is a well stocked camp store at the entrance to the park in Aloha. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts