Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Looking for a deer report for the Palmer are of the U.P.

508 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  amasa176 
#1 ·
Hey guys was wondering if anyone on here lives or has a camp near the palmer are of the u.p. and has any kind of report of the deer in the area.We go up there every year and stay on state land and was wondering if it would worth it to make the 9 hour ride there?We haven't seen a deer in 2 years there between the 4 of us and know last year was way different with the 3 feet of snow.lol.Just wondering if we should stay in the lower this year?

#3 ·
There are deer here. I spend three to four days a week in the woods and have been out almost everyday the past few weeks training upland dogs. I would have to say that the numbers are similar to last year but with a promising fawn crop this year. Something you have to understand about rifle season last year is that we were hit with a massive snow storm right before the 15th. It was deep enough to make moving for them and their fawns difficult so they migrated. This is why some guys did very well (on migration trails) and some (like me) really struggled to see a deer. I live near gwinn and grew up near amasa where I know have a camp. Iv seen the same numbers in both locations. As usual for up here, success won't come without work or luck but the the opportunity is still there. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.