Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
When the reality of the seriousness of covid set in, early in March, I knew that our lives were going to change in a major way. I've been alive through a lot of other viruses that affected fairly large numbers of people in the US, and this was different than anything we had experienced before. Sadly, we've handled the pandemic as poorly as possible, from the beginning, and over 350,000 US Citizens have paid the ultimate price for it.

But other than that, my year was pretty great for us. My wife, and I, are very fortunate to be able to perform our jobs working from home. We saved lots of money on gas, and food/drinks in restaurants, and on vacations - so we spent money on home/cabin improvements. We had a new granddaughter born in Nov 2019, and were able to see her a number of times in 2020, although not as much as we would have liked. And we became great-grandparents in October, so that was pretty great.

I did have 3 good friends pass from covid in 2020, so that sucked out loud.

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
When I saw the virus being used as a P______ weapon in an attempt to sway minds in an upcoming _______. In addition, a concerted effort by social and msm to suppress all sorts of dialogue and information to meet that agenda.
Can't use the media and blame it on 2020. That has been going on for a long long time. Full send for the last few years.

·
Registered
810 Posts
January 2 2020 I was told layoffs were coming but my plant manager told me I was safe. January 3rd I went to clock into work and the HR lady told me I had been laid off. Decided to never go back to that place again. Other then that and two rounds of strep throat during the summer it was a good year.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I would say the first sign was when we were told not to date a check ‘20 but 2020 and that was before the year began. Now if I write a check with ‘21 on it I don’t have to worry about it in the year 2100. When the first OE was issued I figured within a couple of weeks I would have a handle on what was going on. That didn’t happen. Nine months later I have my own opinion of what’s going on but still not sure of what the powers to be have in mind. I sure hope that the restaurants and bars are able to open up on the 15th. Those people are suffering. (Who’s going to start the first mask thread in 2021?)
A saying we use in humor with our tree work:
"What could possibly go wrong?!"
No premonitions or signs giving me the feeling that 2020 would be special. Everything was going really well prior to the 'Rona and all the effed up stuff that followed.

I wonder what the Magic 8 Ball had to say on Dec. 31st, 2019 at 11:59 PM!?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I would have to say other signs that it was a bad year would be historical monuments being torn down and no one being punished . Riots with the police being told to stand down. Having a football team now being called the Washington Football Team. A lot has happened in the past year that I don’t agree with. But unfortunately people are slowly accepting and forgetting what just happened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On January 6, my wife totally my ride eleven months before lease turn in. So I had to get a ride quickly where in actuality I was planning on getting a Bronco.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts