Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals,

Another contest has come and gone, and there will be a few changes for the 2013 contest. First, as of right now, Big T is thinking of stepping down as official contest Mod. If this occurs, I will be taking his place. Isaac 62 will step into role of assistant Mod.

Regardless of who will be running the show, we are going to make a few rule changes. From the current post pertaining to rule changes, I have selected a few of the "Hot Button" issues. I would like the 2012 teams to discuss the proposed changes amongst themselves via PM or in their current threads, and vote on them. The team captains then must give me their teams opinions by JULY 1st, 2012.

Proposal A: Adopt a new scoring method. The 2 proposed have been CBM, and NWTF minus the weight (beard length x2 and spur lengths x10).

Proposal B: Make teams larger (10 members), and have them be by random draw.

Proposal C: Give additional credit for archery killed birds (crossbow included). We cannot specify additional credit yet, because the scoring system may change.

Proposal D: Use the current scoring system, but tweak the point classifications slightly (no spur top out, etc.)

Proposal E: Multi-beard policy. Split beard have always been scored as multi-beards in the past. Eliminate the split credit.

Proposal F: For teams with a member under 18 years of age, the youth hunter will receive bonus points for a successful kill.

There are several more suggestions, but I feel I already put forth too many proposals.

Please discuss the changes amongst your teams and get back to me (in this thread) before July 1. If I don't hear anything, Isaac and I will make the determination on how the contest will be run.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't mind making the teams bigger. I think the teams could stay as they are now and the additional members could be chosen randomly???

I like the bonus point for teams with youth hunters.

I also like the bonus point system for archery equipment...I think any team with a member that shoots a turkey with a bow while self filming without a blind should automatically win though!!!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I don't mind making the teams bigger. I think the teams could stay as they are now and the additional members could be chosen randomly???

I like the bonus point for teams with youth hunters.

I also like the bonus point system for archery equipment...I think any team with a member that shoots a turkey with a bow while self filming without a blind should automatically win though!!!:)
Posted via Mobile Device
our team would never win j. lololol

seriously FF, i like all these rules...a bit baffled that for the amount of complaints no one has commented on here as to how to make it better..i know you well enough to say you run a tight ship..

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Guys & Gals,

Another contest has come and gone, and there will be a few changes for the 2013 contest. First, as of right now, Big T is thinking of stepping down as official contest Mod. If this occurs, I will be taking his place. Isaac 62 will step into role of assistant Mod.

I think Firefighter and Ack would be a much better fit. Both knowledgeable and are familiar with the scoring process('s) of Turkeys. Most importantly,in my opinion, both are very respected on this site and will do a great job.

Regardless of who will be running the show, we are going to make a few rule changes. From the current post pertaining to rule changes, I have selected a few of the "Hot Button" issues. I would like the 2012 teams to discuss the proposed changes amongst themselves via PM or in their current threads, and vote on them. The team captains then must give me their teams opinions by JULY 1st, 2012.

I'd say throw those that are interested in running this contest into the hat and let the members decide on the best pair to run this thing.

Proposal A: Adopt a new scoring method. The 2 proposed have been CBM, and NWTF minus the weight (beard length x2 and spur lengths x10).

SIMPLIFY this contest. Straight spur and beard(s) measurements.

Proposal B: Make teams larger (10 members), and have them be by random draw.

Leave as it is, or 8 man max, no random

Proposal C: Give additional credit for archery killed birds (crossbow included). We cannot specify additional credit yet, because the scoring system may change.

Simplify!

Leave as is, or maybe 5 additional points for vertical bow, and 2 1/2 for crossbow. A vertical bow is different than an X- bow............no debate!

Proposal D: Use the current scoring system, but tweak the point classifications slightly (no spur top out, etc.)

see proposal A comment

Proposal E: Multi-beard policy. Split beard have always been scored as multi-beards in the past. Eliminate the split credit.

This needs addressed, the spilt beard thing is stupid. A multi bearded bird is distinct and is without question.

Proposal F: For teams with a member under 18 years of age, the youth hunter will receive bonus points for a successful kill.

Don't agree

There are several more suggestions, but I feel I already put forth too many proposals.

Pictures with measurements? I'll address below

Please discuss the changes amongst your teams and get back to me (in this thread) before July 1. If I don't hear anything, Isaac and I will make the determination on how the contest will be run.
First make the decision clear as to whom will run the contest, then make the decisions that will change the contest rules.

Sending pictures of beard(s) and spur measurements to the contest host(s) is a great idea. The legitimacy and accuracy in the scoring process would then be closely monitored and if any questions would arise, they would be addressed before any postings of scores.
These are my opinions listed above btw. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts