Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of not seeing him, he came back and he has grown over the last month.

Come on Season

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very interesting buck. Genetics or injury....many could debate this.

I would say he's only 2.2 right now :) (ok 2.5 to you fall estimators).

He's a nice buck for sure, but imagine him in a year or two.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Im thinkin 3.5. If he is 2 he is one hell of a 2 year old. Best of luck with him this fall. That would be a sweet looking buck on the wall!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interesting buck. Genetics or injury....many could debate this.

I would say he's only 2.2 right now :) (ok 2.5 to you fall estimators).

He's a nice buck for sure, but imagine him in a year or two.
Its an injury. I have been watching this guy all summer and he shows about about the same times when he comes in and thats several time a week. While watching him I noticed he has a very bad limp on the one side.

Im thinkin 3.5. If he is 2 he is one hell of a 2 year old. Best of luck with him this fall. That would be a sweet looking buck on the wall!
If he is the same deer as the button buck I had hanging around that was limping on the same side as this one it would make him 2 1/2 years old, but I don't know if that buck is still around since I never saw him last year.
Either way you are correct by saying He would look sweet on the wall.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Its an injury. I have been watching this guy all summer and he shows about about the same times when he comes in and thats several time a week. While watching him I noticed he has a very bad limp on the one side.

If he is the same deer as the button buck I had hanging around that was limping on the same side as this one it would make him 2 1/2 years old, but I don't know if that buck is still around since I never saw him last year.
Either way you are correct by saying He would look sweet on the wall.
ArrowHawk: That's awesome you can follow the deer's from year to year! He's defintely strong antler wise, however, his body size and mass screams 2 years old to me. Thanks for sharing and keep up posted on this buck!!!

·
Banned
189 Posts
awesome buck, are you going to take him or let him grow:)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome buck, are you going to take him or let him grow:)

Well that depends on someone else. Even though he would be larger then anything I have taken I'm hoping that my 10 year old daughter will get him during the youth hunt.

·
Premium Member
7,802 Posts
Got some great character. Hope the daughter gets a chance at him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts