Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hope to get some good catch photos with these.

I was in Oscoda so I picked some up in person. (I didn't want to wait until August to smell some of that Magic Mud!;))

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Who makes the Ausable brand? and where? have they been out long? and has anyone used them? less pricey or more pricey? I should be a cop,........................................................I ax alot of questions.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Mark,

Now that is a fine collection of lures!

I would hate to show you my collection, the bottles all look like they have been rolled around on the truck floor for a couple of seasons. :D More than half of them have lost their labels.

Oh well, like most of us trappers we don't mind identifying what in the bottle by the smell test.

Never turn down a good whiff of skunk flavored canine call lure. :yikes:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Learned the hard way that the Ausable brand coon lure is REALLY potent in 90+ degree weather in vehicle interiors despite multiple shampoos. It also attracts frowns, scowlings, harsh words from teenagers and the occasion "look" from spouses. It's a real ice breaker for coworkers that want to share a ride as well. It was a gift that has kept on giving.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dennis, you are so welcome! I did notice during testing that it attracted all of those things as well as an occasional "What the @$^#" and the elusive "How 'bout if I drive" We'll have our call lure out for this season and that one has been known to get hung up in your nose hairs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
MATT!!!! That came from you! Ughhh...oh my g*#......I have you to thank for that? ??! (Lol)

·
Registered
676 Posts
In my defense, I didn't tell him to use it in the car. I guess I should've gave better instructions on how to use it. Or had you show him how:D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
In my defense, I didn't tell him to use it in the car. I guess I should've gave better instructions on how to use it. Or had you show him how:D
Sometimes, you just can't help stupid. Lol

Mark, I am very envious! I dream of being able to have that many lures at my disposal. Man, the things I could do with them! Not sure anyone in the family would approve of it now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts