1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Deer hunters complain that there aren't enough deer around to suit their recreational desires. As Saul Goodman would say, "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's happened before".

Broadly speaking, deer hunters are the worst single demographic there is for estimating deer numbers.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
A friend of mine moved down there in the SE part of the state and said its a different world down there compared to MI. They like to keep their good hunting very quiet!;)

·
Registered
19,129 Posts

Broadly speaking, deer hunters are the worst single demographic there is for estimating deer numbers.
Nope, the worst are the guys who drive along in their pickups and report that since they saw a few deer feeding in a picked corn field that there are plenty of deer in that county. This happened yet again a couple of weeks ago when a regular poster made this usual comment after he drove towards his property somewhere towards the Ind./Mich. border. It just doesn't get any dumber that that.

L & O

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just another state where they do not shoot small immature bucks.
Funny how that works.
interesting theory

sent from space via rotory phone

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
The mind set is very different in states that have a short hunting history. Most are not used to seeing the huge deer numbers that many Michigan hunters have taken for granted.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
LMAO. A bunch of hunters complaining about the hunting in their state, some blaming the hunters, others blaming the DNR. A saw a reference to wanting Texas rules, priceless. SSDS.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Going to take a lot bigger change than OBR to cut the kill back in Michigan too 136,000 deer, Perhaps OBR with APR's.

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
46,000 bucks killed in Indiana vs 223,000 in Michigan in 2012. Who's season is better? It depends on who you ask and what their goals are.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa are all reporting much fewer deer. Some are blaming the dnr and doe permits and others are blaming ehd or a combination.

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
Nope, the worst are the guys who drive along in their pickups and report that since they saw a few deer feeding in a picked corn field that there are plenty of deer in that county. This happened yet again a couple of weeks ago when a regular poster made this usual comment after he drove towards his property somewhere towards the Ind./Mich. border. It just doesn't get any dumber that that.

L & O
If he was a hunter..........I would say you make FL's point;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yeah but 222,000 were 1.5 yr olds.....oh wait those are trophies.....I forgot I read that 500 page thread...btw my kid got all D's last semester and passed by the skin if her teeth.....just wanted to give a shout out to my daughter Miley for passing....hopefully she doesnt grab her crotch during commencements.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
591 Posts
I did they sell 270,000 tags and michigan sells 1,560,000. Tell michigan to get rid of some hunters and then compare us to other states. You can shoot two bucks in Indiana also, one with a bow and one with a gun. Taking into account the number of tags sold,Indiana harvests more bucks per hunter than Michigan. Also they have a mandatory deer check, and for all you trophy hunters who say they don't shoot 1 1/2 old bucks read there dnr check station reports 60 to 65 percent of the bucks harvested were 1 1/2 olds, probably about the same as here, I don't know our numbers because there is no manditory check.

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
I did they sell 270,000 tags and michigan sells 1,560,000. Tell michigan to get rid of some hunters and then compare us to other states. You can shoot two bucks in Indiana also, one with a bow and one with a gun. Taking into account the number of tags sold,Indiana harvests more bucks per hunter than Michigan. Also they have a mandatory deer check, and for all you trophy hunters who say they don't shoot 1 1/2 old bucks read there dnr check station reports 60 to 65 percent of the bucks harvested were 1 1/2 olds, probably about the same as here, I don't know our numbers because there is no manditory check.
You can only shoot 1 buck a year in Indiana. Page 23 of their guide.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts