Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not seeing things. Just got back into the office from the yard. I walked into one of the lumber sheds, and there was a Long Tailed Weasel sitting on top of a pile of 2x8's. It looked at me for a second, and took off down under the lumber stacks. Now I know why my Pheasant population has been dropping in the back 5 this year.......
Who would have thought, a Weasel on 8 mile???

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
i wasn't sure what was getting to my pheasant pop till last weekend when i saw 3 skunks and 5 yotes. the yotes will be taken care of this winter hopefully but the only time i have seen the skunks is when i have been bow hunting and i dont want to stick one with an arrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,731 Posts
Howdy-

Gosh, Paul, I would have assumed there would be plenty of weasels on 8 Mile.....:D

·
Super Moderator
37,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew that was coming when I saw you posted Les. Yes there is ALL kinds of wildlife on 8 mile.......:eek:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Plenty of weasels in the mayor's office as well....problem is, they don't go scurrying off when you enter the room!:D

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
We really need to get some yote hunts going this winter in different sections of the state. Lots of members seem interested but never go out and learn how. I did it a few times last year and it was a blast.

·
Super Moderator
37,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fraser? You must have been right in my backyard Neal. My kid found a turkey feather at Fort Fraser (a big playscape) early one Sunday morning. I havent seen any turkey, although I do have some Wild Turkey at home.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts