Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will have a day to our self for a change :dizzy: and would like to fish a little :fish:. We are not experts by no means and have never fished Long Lake. I would like to land some walleyes and would like some advice on where and what to use. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
I have caught some walleyes in there, using all kinds of different methods.

A couple of quick ways: use a jig head and crawler or minnow a try just drifting accross the lake. Or, you could try trolling along the weed edges and drop offs.

I can't get specific, as you hopefully understand, but there are some good holes around the islands to try.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have caught some walleyes in there, using all kinds of different methods.

A couple of quick ways: use a jig head and crawler or minnow a try just drifting accross the lake. Or, you could try trolling along the weed edges and drop offs.

I can't get specific, as you hopefully understand, but there are some good holes around the islands to try.

Im not trying to but rude, so please dont take this personally, but why cant you get more specific? I always read posts with these same kinds of questions, (people looking for help with lakes), and I always see people giving the same kind of answers, "I cant be specific", or "youll just have to get out there and try", or something of that matter. Long Lake is a big lake with plenty of area for people to fish, so what would it hurt with being specific and telling someone where to go to be successful? I understand if we were talking about a bend of a river, but lets be real, if a specific spot on a lake was posted do people honestly think that for the rest of the summer that that spot will be full of fishermen and fished down to nothing? I just dont understand why we cant all be more helpful with eachother. We have all learned something helpful from someone.

Markey02, I dont know long lake very well, but I have heard that trolling around the islands can be productive, and casting rapalas at dusk around the weed edges can work as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
9,777 Posts
because thousands of people read these boards and for inland lakes, do you really think that they can withstand an onslaught of folks? if you think so, you are very much mistaken. not every lake can withstand the possible pressure that may result. also, if its one area, even 20 people fishing one specific hump would make it really a pain.

if someone wants to give very specific info to someone, you can always pm them, keeping it off a public board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts