Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 10 years, my friends and I have used nothing but Ezy rods. Never see another step that could compare and would self start as effortlessly as that one, though many other claimed to be self starters. Now that they are more than $5 per, and the quantity discount from the current company (loc-on sold) is ten cents per, we are looking for an alternative.

The Ameristep Silver Tip from the pics looks to be the exact same step. But the key is in the tip itself as you all know. The sliver tip sells for about $3 per step through Cabela's. Is there anyone on this board that has tried BOTH steps and can make a fair comparison? I would buy a silvertip locally to try one before buying a dozen but can't find one (kazoo area).

Just wondering if anyone has tried them.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
The EzyRod is a product of Cranford Manufacturing. I like 'em because:
-they screw into the tree so easily, even left-handed!
-they have a nice, upturned "lip" at the end, which is safer when your boots are muddy, or during an ice storm. :tdo12:
-they are a little beefier-gauge than some of the competition

http://www.ezyclimb.com/

The Cranfords are now the only rod step I use. I do have a few dozen of the silvertip rod step also(bought last year on clearance at Dick's), which appears to a direct knockoff, design-wise. Other than the color (light gray finish, vs. Cranford's black), they seem about the same.

I prefer the Cranford, which is made in North Carolina. The silvertip is made in China.

If you search for it, you can get the Cranford steps for not much over $3 apiece, if you buy a quantity of 50 or more.
http://www.selectarchery.com/ezy.shtml

I was just adding it up the other day; between what I've got in inventory, and what I've got stuck in trees, I now own over 1,000 tree steps. :yikes:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i just ordered 8 of them for my dad, he's been carrying the same 8
steps around for 20+ years and always puts them into a new hole
every time up and removes them on the way down.
but his are getting worn. he uses the one with a rivot and folding
screw. and was showing me how sloppy they are getting.
It must be a sign that i looked at your post and they have the same steps
thanks for the info.

chad

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Farmlegend, 1,000 steps? You're rich! Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. Good post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts